Future

10 years later

June 2035

Ginnys POV

I was getting ready for a date with my boyfriend of 4 years. I met him at a bar on my '21st'  birthday. We were going to a park in Brooklyn next to our apartment, I hadn't told him how little this park had changed since the 1930s and 40s but I had told him it was my favorite place in the world. We got there and set up our picnic. I pulled out the sandwiches I made us earlier. "Gin you have some on your nose" Jacob said wiping it off.

"You have something on your lips" I said giving him a kiss. I always thought this man was the one. He was amazing and Buck actually liked him. He even knew about my past and loved me more because of it. He even was perfectly fine with how I can't have kids because of the 'Graduation ceremony' in the Red Room. I loved him so much. He didn't talk to his family anymore. The only thing I hadn't told him about was the special phrases that me, Steve and Bucky had. We put the picnic stuff in the car and went on a walk to the lake. We got there and while I was pointing out all the fish he went behind me. "What are you up t-" I didn't finish my sentence because he was down on one knee with a ring in hand.

"Virginia Barnes. I asked your brother and he told me to hold onto you for the rest of our lives so will you make me the happiest and luckiest man on earth and be my wife." I was crying tears of joy.

"Yes" I said. He stood up and hugged me tight. We danced all night to our favorite song 'Ive got a crush on you'. I showed it to him and he fell in love. Yes it is from the 40s but to us it was timeless.

Time skip to the day of the wedding

I was behind the doors to the room where Jacob was in my white dress and my hair done up. Bucky was going to walk me down the aisle and I couldn't have it any other way. "My little sister is all grown up" he said walking up to me in a suit and tie. "Sometimes when I look at you I still see that 9 year old girl that I left behind in 1940s Brooklyn and then I have to remind myself that you are all grown up" he was starting to cry as he took my arm and the doors opened. My groom looked at me and started crying. I didn't want to mess up the makeup on my face so I held my tears in. I walked up to my fiance and we held each other's hands. He said his vows and now it was time to say mine.

"Jacob, these 4 years have been some of the best in my life. You always made sure I was safe and you would hold me tight when I had nightmares. I couldn't ask for a better man to live out the rest of my life with" I started crying as I said the last part because I knew how powerful the next part was. "And even though I know my brother scares you half to death the first time you met  I know that I'm with you till the end of the line" I hadn't told anybody that was going to be in my vows. After the reception I found Bucky for the Father Daughter dance but we called it the Brother Sister Dance instead. It was pretty emotional and by the end I cracked a joke. "Is this your first dance since 1941" I asked.

"Maybe" he said. He gave me a huge hug and the dance was over. I was still his little sister just without the annoying 12 year old part.