Last Day With a Friend

1997

12 year old Natasha's POV

After I found out that Shadow was leaving in just a few months I was really sad and I was scared because she said in HYDRA they torture her for fun. She also has to go back to where the Winter Soldier is and that thought scares me more than most.

"How was stealth and combat training" she asked through a note since Dreykov kept her in the room all day for special training.

"It was ok, really boring without you taking the teacher down, though" I wrote as fast as possible.

"That's funny, training sucked today he made me lift 1000 pounds with my powers for 3 and a half minutes like 200 times it felt like" she said as she wrote half a heart on page, I smiled this was the first time she started it, and the note sounded like it had personality behind it which almost made me cry.

Shadow's Last Day
June 1997

Winter Shadow's POV

As I packed up the little stuff I had I grabbed my daggers, my little bit of clothes and half of me and Natashas notes. She was going to take the other half so we can both remember each other no matter what happened. As I met up with the HYDRA agents I turn around and see Natasha crying. I hadn't seen anyone crying for at least 50 years so I didn't know how to process someone being sad about me leaving. I got in the jet and it flew away.

12 year old Natasha's POV

I made sure that I gave half of the notes to Shadow and prayed HYDRA didn't realize that she had them. They would definitely burn them and make her watch. I cringed at the thought.
I heard her start walking down the hall. As I followed I heard the HYDRA agents talking about her and how valuable she was.
I saw her start to get on the plane and she turned and looked at me. I don't think she knew how to process someone crying because she just looked like a dear in headlights as she saw the tears running down my cheek.
Then she got in and the plane flew away That's when I fully broke down.
As I went back to my room I thought about how broken she had to be to not understand tears. How can you live with yourself after doing something like that to a girl who hasn't even lived a decade. I got sick in my stomach thinking about that.

Dreykovs POV

She was an amazing assassin. I thought as I watched her get in the plane. I can use this to make Romanoff the best widow ever. I see Romanoff go back inside and I follow angry that I just lost the best girl I had.