Finding Her

Bucky's POV

We were looking for anyone who looked any bit suspicious or weird and then my eyes caught on this one girl who couldn't have been older than 16.

"Sam" I said tapping him on the shoulder "that's her" I pointed at the girl.

"There's no way. She can't fight in those pants and shes like 15"

"The rips are from knives" I said trying to get Sam to see. "she has two scars on her knees where the knives hit her"

"Oh my god Bucky how did you see that"

"I was an assassin for 80 years. I know how to find one" I said trying to not be noticed by her. "Lets get her"

"Hold your horses" Sam said stopping me. "You're just going to make a bigger problem" Then an armored truck drove by and she started to follow it. "ugh fine lets go" we ran throught the crowd to catch up with her.

Viper's POV

I had found the truck and gone into a dark alley. Berlin was weird but this part felt like Brooklyn a little bit. I put my bag down in the corner and went to grab one of the grenades I had. "stop kid" I heard a familiar voice yell at me, I tucked my necklace in and spun around to see who it was. I stopped for a second and then grabbed my bag and ran. "STOP KID" he yelled.

"NO" I yelled back "he's not real, he's not really here" I kept repeating to my self cause I thought he was dead. I kept running until he cornered me. I tried to take him oit by his legs and he grabbed my arm. "LET ME GO" I wrestled out of his grip and kept running. I had failed my mission and now my only goal was not going back to the Red Room.

Bucky's POV

She has run off so I tried to follow her. I lost her but Sam could still have eyes on her. "You have her" I asked over comms.

"No, do you"

"No"

"God damnit"

Viper's POV

I just kept running until I was far enough away that Sam and Bucky couldn't find me. "I can't believe I was so stupid" I felt like shit for believing what that old man told me. I pulled my necklace out from under my shirt and looked at it. I looked a lot different but Bucky hadn't changed like at all. "Im sorry" I said as I took one of the knives from my backpack and slicing open my thigh. I clenched my jaw jn pain as I pulled put the chip. I tied a small piece cloth around it and started to find a place to sleep. I had found a hotel that I could stay at so I booked it. I made it there at about 7pm and my cur was looking bad.

"Hi how can I help you" the lady behind the counter asked in German.

"Do you speak English I don't know German sorry"

"Oh yes, how may I help you"

"Hi, I have a room under Lee"

"Yes here you are and can I see some ID" I showed her my fake ID and she gave me the room key.

"Is there any nurse or anyone I can see about medical"

"Umm I don't know. Is it an emergency"

"No Im fine but I do have a pretty bad cut that needs to be stitched up"

"There is a urgent care down the road"

"Thank you" I said as I walked away with my bag. I got my bed ready and I didn't really have anything. I was leaving tomorrow and I was going to try to get to America. How did Sam and Bucky find me. And Buck didn't even recognize me I was a little shaken that it had only been a year and a half and he didn't know who I was. I fell asleep looking at my necklace. I woke up and looked outside, the sun was rising so I got up and started to get ready. I checked out of the hotel and went outside. I had to find a place to drop these grenades. I couldn't exactly carry around a bunch of bombs. I walked to this big open area and put them down with my powers so my finger print wasn't there. I really wanted to find Bucky but I had to lay low. I was trying to find a job and I would apply with my real name and fake but kinds real age. I found a cute coffe shop and it had a hiring poster on the door. I went in and asked for an application and went to go fill it out in the outside seating area.

I read the application and answered the questions.

1a: full name (not nickname)

Virginia Maureen Barnes

1b: Nickname (if there is one)

Ginny

2: Age

15

3: Date of birth

11/14/2010

There was a ton of questions and once I got them all answered I went and turned it in. I talked to the supervisor and told him that I could only work until I had enough money to fly home to New York and he said that was fine. I worked for about a month and stayed in really shitty hotels for cheap but I had finally saved up enough to head home to Brooklyn.

"Thank you so much" I said to Greg as I hung up my apron for the last time.

"No problem kid, have a safe flight"

"I will" I walked out with my ticket in my backpack. I almost ran out of excitement to go home. I did all the airport stuff and got on the flight. I sat in a window seat and looked out the window the whole time. We landed, I got my stuff and left. I had about 200 hundred dollars to my name so I booked a hotel so I could get a job. It was about 8 in the morning and I was super jet lagged but I had to find a job so I could get a place. I was walking down the street looking for hiring signs and I saw a Starbucks that had an apartment building across the street. It was perfect I got the job and got an apartment with pretty cheap rent for Brooklyn. I had barely enough to pay rent and buy food and other necessities but it was fine. Im safe I thought as looked at the necklace of me and my brother.

Bucky's POV

It had been a month and a half since we lost that kid and I felt some responsibility for her. "Why are you so worried what happens to her" Sam asked.

"She's a kid-"

"And a murderer and a thief"

"Ok that's what I did and you don't blame me"

"Cause she has a choice"

"How do you know that" I was a little mad at Sam for jumping to conclusions with this kid.

"I don't but she was blending in and you cant do that when you're brainwashed" then  Sam got a notification on his phone. "found her"

"What where is she"

"For the past week and a half she's been working at a Starbucks and living at the apartment building across the street"

"We should go talk to her"

"Why"

"We can help her get her life back and maybe she has family" I said really wanting to help her.

Ginny's POV

It had been about a week and a half since I moved in I had met some of my neighbors. They were a little surprised that I was a 15 year old living on her own but they were really nice. I was looking at my necklace when I heard a knock on my door.

15 minutes earlier

Bucky's POV

We walked up to the apartment building and started to walk towards the elevator. "It my be best if I just go" I said thinking it might be easier if there's only one person.

"No she's dangerous"

"I know but I know how she feels and I want to talk with her alone"

"Fine"Sam said as he stepped out if the elevator. I got off on her floor and started to look for her apartment number. "45c" I repeated to myself. Then I saw it and knocked in the door.