The Boy In The Vent:

~Zoe~

We were woken up with the bright lights and a buzzer.

Newt groaned, "Already?"

I felt my stomach twist. I bolted from the bed and ran into the washroom. My knees hit the cold floor as I knelt in front of the toilet and threw up.

"Oh babe," Newt rubbed my shoulders.

I threw up again.

Newt soaked a cloth in cold water and wiped the back of my neck with it, "Breathe honey."

My sides heaved as I sucked the air back into my lungs.

"There we go," He murmured.

I sat against the wall and sighed, "I cannot wait until this is over."

"I can imagine," He slid down the wall beside me. Newt leaned over and kissed my stomach, "Hey kiddo. Take it easy on your mother."

Newt kissed my head. I leaned on his shoulder.

"We still haven't decided what we're going to call it."

"We don't even know if it's a boy or a girl."

He shrugged, "I guess. We can pick out a name for either. Do you think it's a boy or a girl?"

I rubbed my stomach, "I don't know."

"I don't really care. As long as he or she is healthy," he replied.

The others dragged themselves out of their beds.

              "I can't remember the last time I slept so good," Daniel said when he walked into the bathroom. 

"Good morning," I laughed at his disheveled appearance. His bare chest was imprinted with red lines from the blankets he had twisted around himself.

Daniel washed his face at the sink and then sat on the bench against the wall, "Crazy days eh?"

"Nuts," Newt replied.

"You're telling me," I said.

Daniel ran his fingers through his hair, "Well, at least we're together right?"

"All four of us," I smiled. I pulled the paper with the pictures and folded along the four lines. Then I carefully ripped it apart so we had four different pictures.

"Here," I gave one to Daniel and the other to Newt.

             Breakfast was served in the same room as supper had been. We all gobbled down our food and headed back to our dorm for some much needed relaxation.

"This is the life," Frypan yawned from his bed.

Molly and Minho were cuddled up on his bed asleep. Newt chuckled, "Look at them." Before he pulled a pillow over his head.

           The only one who wasn't chilling was Thomas. He sat on the edge of his bed, elbows on his knees, leg jiggling up and down nervously.

"Thomas?" I asked and sat down on the bench across from his bed.

He looked up, "hey."

"You good?"

"Yeah, I think. I don't know."

I stared down at my feet.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm being paranoid but there is something about these people I don't trust. Maybe I'm scared, I don't know. I saw something last night, it just spooked me I guess."