Chapter 25

Song for this chapter is
In the end
By LINKIN PARK

"Huntin?" Daryl questions as he follows behind me back to camp "yes hunting Daryl, I have unfinished business and I'm going to take care of it

"Huntin?" Daryl questions as he follows behind me back to camp "yes hunting Daryl, I have unfinished business and I'm going to take care of it." I say without turning around as I step into the open gate. "Like hell you are, yuh ain't goin by yourself." He grunts.
"Yes I am Daryl, trust me you don't want to see what I am going to to when I find them." I stop in my tracks to look at him. "I don't want you to see what I am going to do, remember how I told you that I'm scared of losing my humanity? It's been gone... there's no saving it, and what they did.... They deserve every ounce of what is coming." I say turning back around and going into the house and Into the living room. "Anna, listen to me" Daryl says as he follows me Into the house.

"Daryl, I have to do this, you don't understand... they are the reason my family is dead, Those are the men that were on the bridge that day. I have to do this please just let me do this" tears fill my eyes as I try desperately to shake them away, Daryl pulls me Into a hug "alright, alright fine, but you can't go alone we don't know the size of their group." I look up at him "size won't matter, I'm going at night once I find them I'll blow their camp up." I huff as he looks at me with a smirk "with what your looks?" I laugh at his comment as he tries to lighten the mood. "No, I'm fully aware of how to make a bomb Daryl" he looks at me, "what did you do before all of this?" He questions as he helps me pack my go bag. "I was a stay at home mom" Daryl scoffs "yeah, what they teach you bomb tactics 101 during your pregnancy" I look at him and smile "no, I was overseas undercover before I met my husband, I got recruited when I was 17 due to me graduating early, I spent some time helping take down trafficking organizations so I'm somewhat trained in combat, and as far as the bomb building, I learnt that from a chemist in college" I look at Daryl taking in his expression. "I'll be okay I promise, I'm not gonna fail this time..." I say softly, Daryl grabs my arm and I look at him as he places his hands on the sides of my face "you didn't fail the first time Anna, you didn't fail your husband, and you didn't fail your son." He says confidently "they died yes but not because of you, you did nothing wrong." Tears stream down my face as his words heal parts of me that have long been shattered. It's like my brain lagged because the next thing I know I'm crashing my lips on to his as his hands wrap around my waist pulling me in, I move my hands to the back of his neck as he deepens the kiss. Every emotion that's been bottled, every tear I've cried, every scream that's left my lips in pain, every drop of love that fills my heart is in this kiss.

He pulls away resting his forehead on mine before kissing the top of my head. "Now ya ain't goin alone." I laugh as I look at him, that different feeling I felt last night, creeping up again. "Okay but we leave tomorrow morning alright" he nods as I smile.

Night has fallen and everyone is asleep. I finish packing my go bag as I sling it over my shoulder, I grab my gun, michonnes sword. I sling my bag over my shoulder as I strap the sword to my back, I'm sure she'll forgive me if I just barrow this right.