9. Drama

Lia's POV

Ok so now we are officially girlfriend and boyfriend, things at school are probably going to be a little different. We will obviously be walking to school together since we live together, and I will have this weird tension between Mr Philips.

(In case you didn't know, school had been out for a while because of my house burning down.)

I'm sure it will be fineeeee.

I wake up and Gilbert's beautiful face is right opposite me. And I love it. I get to see that wonderful face every day.

"Morning beautiful" I hear a sweet voice say

"Why are you watching me sleep lia?"

"Uhh- I was just admiring your face that's all"

"Oh I see then"

His eyes finally open and he smiles at the sight of me.

"I forgot how gorgeous you are"

He leans toward me and his soft lips touch mine.

"Hey, I have a confession" He says

"That twinkle in your eyes tell me that whatever it is your not happy about it..." I say, "what's up?"

"Well, you know when you said it was your first time..."

"Yeah"

"Well it wasn't mine,"

"Oh... did you like her?"

"No. I felt forced into the bedroom, like she was intimidating me by flirting that little too much."

"I'm so sorry that happened Gilbert. You don't have to count it as your first time if you don't want to... you know that right?"

"I know. I just thought I should tell you"

"Well that's good. What was her name if you don't mind me asking?"

"Oh yeah it's fine, her name is Winifred"

Winifred. That's such a pretty name. I already feel intimidated by her.

We hear a knock on the door right as this conversation comes to a close.

"I'll get it" offers Gilbert

He looks through the window and he tells me to hide in the bathroom, it's Mr Philips.

I leave the room and go to the bathroom, only to find that it is occupied by Sebastian. So I go to the bedroom instead. I don't feel a need to tell Gilbert this as he is already opening the door and the teacher might hear.

I close and lock the door.

I hear muffled talking:

"Sir, why are you here?"

"Well Gilbert I have come for Idalia, I would like to check up on her and see how she is since her father's death."

"Oh... she's not here right now, she's at town getting a few things"

"Oh I see. Well, thank you for your time Gilbert. See you back at school tomorrow."

"Bye sir."

Although I hear this conversation end, I do not hear the door close... I now hear Gilbert talking and also a women's voice.

"What are you doing here?"

"I've not seen you in ever so long and I thought that we could catch up."

"Winifred, I can't right now."

"Oh don't be a fool, you always have free time."

I know that this is Winifred. I also know the way that Gilbert feels about her.

I leave the bedroom and reveal myself.

"Gilbert? Who is this young girl? Why is she coming out of your bedroom?"

She sounds so confused

I laugh

"I am Gilbert's girlfriend, and you?"

I put out my hand as to give her and handshake. She does not shake my hand.

"His what?"

"My girlfriend" Gilbert speaks up.

"But I thought I was the one for you"

"Clearly not" I say. Taking my chance.

"Winifred, please could you leave. I no longer have feeling for you." Gilbert tries to be polite but I am far past that.

"Yeah, get out bitch, he's mine"
"What did you just call me?"
"What? A bitch?"
She gasps in enough air to keep be breathing another year.

"DONT YOU FUCKING CALL ME A BITCH, GILBERT DO SOMETHING!"

"Why should I?"

"SHES GONE MAD DONT YOU SEE?"

"I think you're the one going mad"

"GILBERT WHY CANT YOU JUST HELP ME?"

"Winifred. I love HER. I never loved you"

I go bright red. "You love me?"

So does Winifred.
"You love her?"

"Of course I do."

I run over and push Winifred out of the way, I kiss Gilbert right there right then.

"I love you to"

Winifred leaves and slams the door in anger.

"Can't lie I'm glad she's gone"

"Me too"