𝟏𝟎. 𝐓𝐢𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐭

The next day, Raghav and Pihu wake up early before sunrise. The excitement of starting a new journey together fills them with joy, yet the looming responsibilities and changes make them nervous. They experience a whirlwind of mixed emotions, each reflecting on their individual and shared dreams.

The Shaw family prepares in the early morning and reaches the venue to oversee final arrangements. Their marriage ritual is set to begin at 6 PM.

By noon,

Pihu starts getting ready with the help of her best friend, Mahima.

"Mahi, I think this saree will open up before we even reach the mandap. I don't think I can manage this heavy saree for such a long time," Pihu murmurs, holding the pallu with a worried expression.

Mahima chuckles, expertly securing the pleats with a pin. "I'm here, so why are you worrying? Benarasi sarees are always heavy."Pihu frowns slightly.

"I think you should put some extra pins in case it falls down. You know I don't wear sarees much."

"I'll secure it so well that by the end, you'll need help to take it off," Mahima winks, earning a playful smack on the forehead from Pihu.

"Ouch, I'm pregnant, and you're hitting your pregnant friend?" Mahima pouts cutely.

"Drama queen," Pihu mutters, but she gently caresses Mahima's forehead where she smacked her. Mahima giggles.

"Now, let me do your hair and makeup," Mahima says after a few minutes, picking up the hairbrush and makeup kit.

At Singhania Mansion,

Raghav is getting ready with the help of his sister, Ritu. She is meticulously tying the pagri on his head. Raghav looks dashing in a red sherwani adorned with intricate gold embroidery.

"Bhaiya, you look so handsome in this sherwani. Kisi ki nazar na lage," Ritu says excitedly, her eyes sparkling with pride.

Raghav smiles warmly. "Thanks, Ritu. You've done a great job with the pagri."

Their mother, Reema, enters the room, beaming with pride.

"Mera beta hai hi itna handsome," she says, placing a small black dot behind his ear to ward off evil.

Once ready, Raghav mounts the white horse, and the dhol and band start playing lively tunes.

The Singhania family dances joyously in front of the horse, especially Ritu and Anisha, who twirl and clap with infectious energy. Raghav, too, waves his hands in the air, soaking in the celebratory atmosphere.

After what feels like hours, they reach the venue where the entire Shaw family awaits them with open arms and smiling faces.

Piyaali, Pihu's mother, steps forward with an aarti thali, her eyes gleaming with joy.

She performs the aarti, placing a tilak on Raghav's forehead. Before he enters the venue, Piyaali attempts to pull Raghav's nose, a playful tradition meant to welcome the groom humorously.

Raghav moves his head playfully, making it a challenge, but Piyaali eventually succeeds, and everyone bursts into laughter.

Raghav then proceeds to the mandap, eagerly waiting for his bride.

In the bridal room,

Pihu is finally ready. She looks breathtaking in the red Banarasi saree, adorned with minimal yet elegant makeup. Her jewelry gleams, and the delicate mehendi on her hands adds to her beauty.

"How do I look?" Pihu asks, her eyes seeking reassurance.

"Today, jiju will be absolutely floored when he sees you. If I were a boy, I'd have run away with you," Mahima teases, making Pihu blush deeply.

Mahima does one final check, ensuring every pleat is in place, every pin is secure, and that Pihu looks flawless from head to toe.

"You're perfect," she finally declares.

Piyaali enters her room, emotions swelling inside her. No one could truly understand what she was feeling at this moment.

"Arre aunty, why are you standing there? Come inside na...and tell me, how is your daughter looking? Did I succeed?" Mahi says softly.

Pihu looks at her mother, "Maa," she murmurs.

Piyaali wipes her tears and smiles.

She gently cups Pihu's cheek, "My daughter is looking like a princess. Kisiki nazar na lage," she says, placing a kaala tika behind Pihu's ear.

Mahi smiles, witnessing the mother-daughter bond.

Pihu frowns, noticing her mother's red, swollen eyes. "Maa, are you crying?"

"Haat pagli, on such a joyous day, who cries? Something went into my eyes," Piyaali says, wiping her eyes.

Pihu's eyes glisten with tears. Does her mother really think she can't see through her lies?

She cups her mother's cheek, "From whom are you trying to hide this? I'm your daughter, Maa. Please don't cry. If you start crying, then I will also start crying."

Piyaali giggles through her tears, shaking her head.

"Haa, and if she goes downstairs like this, the dulha will also run away seeing her," Mahi teases, lightening the mood.

Piyaali laughs, and Pihu glares at her.

As Piyaali gently held her daughter's hands, she spoke with a mother's wisdom,

"Beta, listen carefully. I know Raghav and his family are wonderful people, but if ever, after marriage, they don't treat you well... you understand what I'm trying to say, right? You come back home immediately. The doors of this house will always be open for you." Pihu, understanding the depth of her mother's words, hugged her tightly, feeling the warmth of her reassurance.

"Yes, Maa, I understand," she whispered, her heart swelling with emotion.

With a soft smile, Piyaali urged, "Now come on, it's time to go downstairs. They've already arrived. Mahima, dear, help her down the stairs and be careful, especially you, Mahima."

Moments later, Pihu appeared at the top of the stairs with Mahima by her side.

As she slowly descended, Raghav, waiting below, froze in awe. His eyes were captivated by her beauty, unable to look away. The world seemed to blur around him, his gaze locked on the woman he was about to marry.

Pihu, sensing his intense gaze, felt her cheeks grow warm, a rush of shyness and nervousness washing over her.The spell was broken only when the priest announced it was time for the jaimala ceremony.

Pihu and Raghav were handed intricate garlands, and with smiles full of joy, they placed them around each other's necks. The moment felt surreal, marking the beginning of their journey together.

Following the garland exchange, they were guided to the mandap for the sacred pheras. As they circled the holy fire, family and friends showered them with fragrant flowers, while others captured the moment in photographs.

The air was filled with blessings and love as the couple made promises to each other for life.Once the pheras were complete, they returned to their seats, and the priest instructed Raghav to fill Pihu's hairline with sindoor, a symbol of their eternal bond.

Raghav took the small coin of sindoor from the priest's hands, and before he applied it, he glanced at Pihu. Their eyes met in a silent exchange of trust and love.

With a steady hand, he gently filled her hairline with sindoor, a few grains of it falling onto her nose-a sign, as the old saying goes, that her husband would love her deeply.

With the ceremony now complete, the priest declared them officially husband and wife.

Smiles spread across their faces as they took the blessings of their elders, cherishing the beginning of their new life together.

___________________________

How was the chapter guys??

What are your expectations from next chapter??

If you guys like the chapter pls give votes , comment your thoughts and don't forget to share..

Happy Reading
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️