33. A new friend?

After Ritu convinced Raghav to call Anisha, she came over to their house, even though she was still annoyed with Ritu. But, deep down, Anisha couldn’t ignore her friend when she was feeling down.

For the past ten minutes, Ritu had been apologizing, practically begging Anisha for forgiveness. “Please, yaar, forgive me,” Ritu said with a playful pout. “Next time, I promise I’ll watch where I’m going with big, wide-open eyes!”

Anisha remained silent, sitting beside her, hiding her smile as Ritu continued her over-the-top apologies.

Finally, Ritu wrapped her arms around Anisha from behind. “Sowwwyyyy!” she pleaded, adding a dramatic tone for effect.

Anisha, who had already forgiven her, struggled to suppress her laughter, enjoying the chance to make Ritu work a little harder for it. “Oh, you’re sorry?” Anisha asked, trying to keep a straight face.

Ritu, sensing the playful resistance, grinned. “If you’re not going to talk to me,” she threatened, “I’ll just have to tickle you!” Without warning, she started tickling Anisha, who burst out laughing.

“Oii! Stop!” Anisha managed between laughs. “I’m… supposed to be… mad at you!”

“Yeah, I can see that!” Ritu said, laughing along with her.

“Okay, okay, I forgive you!” Anisha gasped, still giggling as she finally managed to pull away. “tu kabhi nahi sudhregi!”

Ritu flipped her hair with a grin. “kabhi bhi nahi!”

The two friends burst into laughter, their bond stronger than any small fight.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The next day, Ritu and Anisha headed to the college cafeteria during a break. Ritu bought some snacks for them, but as she was walking back, she bumped into a guy, causing all the food to spill on the floor. They both ended up on the ground.

“Oh no, everything fell!” Ritu said, clearly upset.

The boy quickly stood up and extended his hand. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you there.”

Ritu looked up and shrugged. “It’s okay, no need to apologize.”

“Nah, let me make it up to you,” he insisted. “I’ll buy everything again.”

She shook her head, “No, it’s really not necessary.”

But he smiled and said, “Come on, it’s on me.” He bought new snacks, and as he handed them over, he asked, “By the way, what’s your name? I haven’t seen you around.”

Ritu replied, “I’m Ritu, second year, XYZ department. What about you?”

“I’m Ishaan Singh,” he said, offering his hand. “Nice to meet you, sweetheart.” Ishaan was known around campus as a flirt and party-goer, the classic college playboy. But Ritu couldn’t help but be charmed.

Anisha showed up, frowning when she saw him. “What took you so long?”

Ritu explained what had happened, and Anisha gave Ishaan a brief smile. “Thanks for helping her,” she said politely, but she wasn’t impressed.

Afterward, as they walked away, Ritu sighed, “He’s so handsome, isn’t he?”

Anisha rolled her eyes. “Handsome, my foot! He’s a total flirt. I don’t trust guys like that.”

“Oh, come on, almost all guys flirt these days,”

Ritu teased. “At least he offered to replace the food.”