picking up where we left it • jenlisa

Jennie walked in the club, in her small silk black dress and heels, not expecting to see her jaw-droppingly gorgeous friend she hadn't seen in years. She immediately took a seat beside the sad looking woman at the bar, finding herself comforted by the familiar warmth from the aura her friend had. Although the woman was wearing a badass outfit-consisting off black sports bra and some black techwear cargo pants-and her face was blanketed by some sort of unknown misery, Jennie still found her dazzling and mind-bogglingly pretty, and found her extremely resembling her friend she had last met years ago (or maybe that's because she is).

The club wasn't that packed since it's an LGBTQ+ club in the midst of conservative Korea-and it might or might not be because it was a Tuesday night. The music playing was more of RnB genre too, making the whole situation rather cozy than crazy. There were a few people singing and dancing their lives out at the dance floor, some gross others making out on the couches and some others drinking at the tables, but the bar was surprisingly empty and quite silent since it was cohabited by the only two people, with one just arriving.

"Lisa?"

"Ah.. Jennie?"

"Uh huh." Jennie nodded with a huge grin on her face.

Lisa shrugged. "Fancy seeing you here, I guess."

Jennie and Lisa attended the same high school. Jennie first met Lisa through the dance club in which she admired the younger for her talent, hardwork, and overall passion for dancing. She liked how Lisa had always been kind enough to help the other club members if they didn't understand the choreographer's instruction, patiently explaining and encouraging to all the members, though she wasn't the president of the club. However, Lisa's treatments towards Jennie was rather special-she gave her private classes and fixed her posture, sometimes holding the older's waist to make sure she was using the right position while moving. The two then hung out a lot more and Jennie felt that Lisa's presence was more than she anticipated it to be. She found herself naturally attracted at how amazing she was and her sweet fond smile. By the time Jennie was graduating, she realized she had a crush on her best friend, but she couldn't bring herself to say it in words from the lack of courage and the desire to not burden Lisa, hiding her love in a locked away glass jar and sealing it as not to let it bleed all over her skin.

So, there was Jennie, sitting beside her pathetic crush she approached but never being able to mention anything.

"You recognized me right away," replied Jennie. She knew that she hadn't moved on yet-and that's why she wasn't able to date anyone in college after three years of enrolling-and it hit her in the back of her mind that Lisa noticed her voice. Jennie could feel her ears getting warmer-even though she hadn't touched any alcohol yet-but she couldn't pay any heed to that when the most wonderful being she ever laid eyes on was sitting right in front of her.

"How could I not? You're still as beautiful as you were back then," replied Lisa with a wide sheepish smile. The change of mood lifted Jennie's mood as well, making the older of the two feel giddy, a little lightheaded already.

"I thought you moved back to Thai," said Jennie. "We haven't really contacted each other after high school."

"Well, I was thinking of going back, but my father insisted that I should stay back here in Seoul," answered Lisa.

"I see."

"You're still pursuing that idol dream right?" Lisa asked, sipping her drink. "If I remember correctly you're a trainee at one of that big four agency."

Without a change in her amusement towards the latter, Jennie answered strictly as she nodded, "Yes, but I'm also taking arts in Korea University, because.. well just in case."