Chapter 9

Sebastian

Well, what can I do now? I am so frustrated it's unbelievable. Never has a woman driven me this insane before. I feel like I need an ice cold shower, I can't be relieving myself again in the shower. On top of all that I am supposed to be moving on to the next hotel tonight. I wanted an early start tomorrow morning further down the coast. Yet now I don't want to leave here at all. Not having seen the American Girl. She is a fantasy with her natural grace and beauty. Not to mention that fiery temper of hers and her indignation. 

Okay I suppose I shouldn't have invaded her space quite so much. I know that was wrong, I really do. Only I couldn't help myself. As soon as I stepped out on the terrace and saw her lying there, my blood heated up, my heart started racing and just looking at her relaxing with a book in her hand, the gentle swell of her breasts. It was too much to resist. I stood on the patio looking at her for a few minutes too long. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She is like an angel. Her beauty is poetic. If I were a songwriter, my lyrics would be dedicated to her. I'd fill an album with words about only her. 

Instead of being a decent man and allowing her private space I had to go and lay on the lounger right next to her. She is too compelling to leave alone. I wanted nothing more than to stroke her soft velvet skin and to kiss her cherry lips and hear her moan as my tongue slides into her mouth and finds her own wet tongue. I had to fight with my mind to stop myself from thinking about her like this, but if you saw her, you would be doing the same exact thing. It is instinct and reaction how can you fight that? I know my being so close was upsetting and frustrating her. What I should have done was introduced myself to her properly only I didn't. Now I feel crap about that. 

I want to say I don't know why I didn't but I do know. The facts are simple. I am a billionaire. A self made billionaire and so far women have only wanted to be with me because of my money and our family name. It has been prominent in these parts for centuries. It doesn't help that they find me attractive. Trust me I have tried to hide this fact. I have grown my hair, grown my facial hair and all it does it drive them to me. I guess if I am being one-hundred percent honest, I didn't introduce myself properly because firstly, I did not want to lie about my name nor who I am. Secondly, if she googled me, I didn't want her to be swayed because of my status. I want her to like me for myself. 

I own the largest chain of rural hotels in Spain. My father gave me a helping hand by a start up loan when I was twenty-one. The deal was I paid him it all back, of course without interest or came to work for his business. My father owns a property development firm that spans the globe. His strongest market being in the Far East. I love it here especially in Santa Fe. When I have to travel it is a pull no matter how beautiful where I go to is. Dad will be retiring soon and he wants to hand the reins to me, yet I don't want the burden of his business on top of my own. We are having more discussions on this subject next week. I am already not looking forward to it.

I sigh. I am now wondering how I can ask the American Girl for a dinner date. I already know, judging by her behavior earlier this is not going to be a simple task. If anything she would probably slap me in the face. I think of her amber eyes, the way her skin glowed and how much I wanted to press her against me. I have to stop thinking like this but I can't help myself. 

The marble flooring in my penthouse apartment is cool against my feet, cooler than the blood pumping through my veins. I can't resist as her face crosses my mind, her luscious lips and the thought of driving myself into her, holding and caressing her. I want to feel her beneath me and hear her say my name. It's driving me insane. This woman is getting under my skin and I need to have her. This is alien to me, how can one woman have so much impact on me? It's no good. I walk quickly through my apartment, straight down the hallway and into the main bathroom. Inside the shower I let the cool water cascade down my body and begin to stroke myself leaning one hand on the shower wall in front of me. The veins show up on my arms as I pump faster and harder until I am spent just thinking about her. 

Now I am angry with myself. I can't believe that I have let one woman take such a hold on me. This is not me. This isn't who I am. As a man I am honorable to women and respectful. In all my life I have never been so rude as to get in a woman's face, let alone have such thoughts about her. 

I use my mobile and call reception. The phone rings for just two rings, we have a policy not to allow calls to be unanswered for more than three. "Hello Sebastian." I hear Anishka's soft voice. "What can we do for you?"

"I'm planning to stay a few more nights. I won't be leaving as planned."

"Absolutely. Thanks for letting us know. We will make sure everything in your apartment is stocked up for a few more days and have house cleaning come in during tomorrow for you. Is there anything else I can do for you Sebastian?" Her voice is full of innuendo and I know exactly what she means. I have my own policy and it is not to have dalliances with my staff. That is rule number one. 

"No thank you, that will be it." I close the call down and instantly speed dial my assistant. Brigitte has been my assistant for four years. I can depend on her for everything and anything. She is thankfully happily married with two children, at forty she is also older than me. She has never had designs on taking me to bed.  Brigitte comes with many years experience as an executive assistant, not only does she take care of all my business needs she is also my confidante. When I need her to come to the rescue she is there for me. We have a healthy and mutually respectful relationship.

"Hi Seb. What do you need?" Her voice has an Irish tilt to it. Brigitte has an Irish mother and Spanish father and spent many years living in Ireland before settling here in Santa Fe. She lives in a rural house close to the hotel. 

"Sorry to ring so late Brigitte. I have decided not to go on to the next hotel. I know I'm on a tour of them all but I have something here I want to take care of." I don't let her know that I am on a mission to entice the American Girl to have dinner with me one evening. I do shake my head because now I am allowing her to interfere with my business. Whilst I feel conflicted about this, I feel such a desire for her that I can't change my mind.

"Are you sure? We have everything in place for the meetings." I know this will be a lot of work for Brigitte. Delaying my site visits will push all the others back, it will be a headache to rearrange everything. I do feel guilty about this. I realise my teeth are pulling at my bottom lip and release my grip. 

"Yes, very sure. Sorry about the headache this will cause. I can do a couple of multi site visits in one day if that will help instead of moving them all around. Also, I could drive to them or get trains. That way you don't have to worry about flight logistics." I am trying desperately to make it easier for Brigitte. I can imagine her fair and freckled cheeks puffing out. I know this is a huge ask of her and at such last minute notice. Damn the American Girl. Damn her. 

"No problem Seb. You know we'll bend over backwards for you." Her laughter tinkles. I still feel guilty. What I'm asking her to do just because I want to try and have a dinner date with a woman is over and beyond her job description. 

We say goodnight to one another and I step out onto the wrap around balcony, I cast my eyes towards the mountains where I usually find peace and solitude. Only this evening I don't. Because I know I have done something I've never done before. I have just put a woman, emotion and personal feelings in front of my business. She is dangerous. Very dangerous.