Chapter 43

Sebastian

I watch her leaving, my heart lurches and feels like it has fallen to the floor. Ava won't even allow me to explain myself to her. It's not as if I am having an affair or seeing another woman. I simply would not do that. Not. Ever. It's not the kind of man that I am. My heart is for Ava and for her alone. The tears are in my eyes, I'm not a crying man but this physical pain as I see her run out of the door from our suite is killing me. I call after her again only to hear the door slam closed. There is only one place I think she will go. The airport. 

Damn it, why did Marissa have to turn up and why like that? It was unexpected, ordinarily the woman would contact me. This is out of order and I haven't had a chance to speak to Ava about any of this. I should have done. I should have mentioned something at the beginning. Why did I keep this a secret from her? When I knew then that my heart was being stolen by my beautiful American Girl. I feel like kicking myself. I have to get her back. 

I call my assistant. "What flights are leaving today for Chicago?" 

"I'm looking right away for you." She says. "There is one leaving in two hours, another one in four hours." 

"Thank you." I can get to the airport and save this situation. I can explain everything to her and make her change her mind. What if she thinks I kept a secret that was worth telling her? I'm all over the place. I have to try, it will be better than doing nothing at all. I reach inside my suit jacket for my mobile and send Ava a WhatsApp message. 

I will come to the airport and meet with you. I have to explain to you, Ava. Please let me. I don't want to cause you hurt and pain like this. Let me explain. I wait and I wait. A few minutes have lapsed and I hear no response. I can see she has seen it since there are two small blue ticks against my message. She is ignoring me. There is no way she can already be at the airport, from here to the airport is thirty minutes. 

What if she is still in the hotel? What if she is thinking about her actions and is just having time to calm down before she messages me back? A glimmer of hope sears through my body, it is the only thing I have right now. Hope. 

I wonder what the best action will be. Do I go to the airport or do I wait? Whilst I try to figure it out I sit on the chaise lounge and start tapping into my mobile again.

Ava please reply. I am insane with hurt knowing I hurt you. It is not intentional it is the last thing I want to do. I have to explain to you? I am not sure if  you have gone to the airport or if you are still here at the hotel having space. Please let me know. 

Two ticks appear against my message, again I know that she has read them. This is driving me insane. I just don't know what the best thing to do is. Not able to stay in the room any longer I decide to check in the hotel. It is possible she is thinking somewhere away from me and not going to the airport. The lift opens from the hallway area in our suite and I step inside. It takes just a couple of minutes to get me to the reception area where I stride directly to the desk.

Today Lina is on duty, she glances up at me. "Señor Garcia. Can I help you?" Her smile radiates her face. Lina has been with us for a couple of years. She fell pregnant and the boy decided to leave her and head to Madrid for work. The idiot it makes me angry to know that he deserted her. The fool. 

"Did you see my guest leaving?" I rest my hands on the desk that she sits at. Her brow furrows in thought. 

"I don't recall Señor Garcia. I am sorry, it has been busy with arrivals today." Of course it has been. It is the height of our season. I could I guess check on the terrace or the gardens. There is also the camera footage I could look at. That seems a bit like stalking but it is going to be the only way I will know for sure. My head of security may think it is a bit odd since this is not something I would normally do. My first option is to make my way to the terrace and pool area.