Bloodlust

-Thorfinns POV-

I watch as her body falls through the air, landing with a heavy thud. I sit there stricken with surprise and disbelief before running forward and completely ignoring that the fight was still on. "(Y/N)!" I scream as I approach her body. Thorkell's men were hollering about how amazing that kick was, making me want to kill every last one for thinking that this was somehow entertaining.

I slid to a halt beside her body, quickly bending over her as I checked her pulse after seeing that she was currently passed out cold. Relief coursing through my body as I feel the pumping of blood underneath her skin. Wanting to cry out in relief and happiness I take hold of one of her soft hands and intertwine my fingers with hers, holding it against my chest. I wished to hug her body and feel it against mine, but after the fall she had I knew I couldn't do that without possibly harming her further.

"Is she still alive there Thorfinn?" I hear Thorkell ask from a few feet behind me. I turned my head fury clear as day on my face as I glared at the man who did this. "No thanks to you." I hissed back at him. "Thorfinn!" I hear Askeladd shout out and see that he was frantically trying to drag his mangled body through the snow in order to get closer to his daughter. "Will she make it?! Is my daughter going to live." He demanded with panic lacing his voice.

I'd never seen him so scared, it almost felt surreal to witness. I give him a stern nod and see him relax slightly. Though he did not give up trying to get across the clearing, using his sword to prop himself up shakily stood up in pain. He used his sword to help himself walk ever so slowly toward the two of us. "Hey old man! You're still our captive!" A man said, reaching out to grab Askeladd. "Nah let him go. Someone bring me my seat" Thorkell said as he watched Askeladd limp over to his daughter.

Once at our side he looked his daughter over to check her body for any damage, finding that she had broken her right arm and a couple ribs when she crashed through the trees. "She'll be fine. I'll be able to set this bone easily with her unconscious. I'm taking your knife to make a splint for her" Askeladd muttered mainly to himself, I handed over the dagger that wasn't my fathers. Eager to be of any use for her.

"So Thorfinn I haven't had this much fun in ages. As promised I'll let you know about your father while you tend to your woman." Thorkell said as he sat down in a chair his men brought to him. Bringing my attention back to him and away from (Y/N)s unconscious body. I wanted to kill him, I didn't care if he knew information on my father he had harmed the one person I held dear to me.

But I waited since I didn't even have one of my weapons at the moment as Askeladd used it to cut the branches off of a stick in order to make a splint. I listened to Thorkells story about how my father had been a captain of the Jomsvikings alongside Thorkell. How Thorkell was the brother of the chieftain of the Jomsvikings and that my mother was the daughter of the chieftain Sigvaldi, and niece to the man in front of me. I couldn't believe it, I was related to this monster even when I was so short. The Gods truly had a wicked sense of humor.

I found out my father had faked his death and took my mother away to Iceland when my sister Ylva was just a newborn babe.
"Thorfinn. You knew Thor's after his life in the Jomsvikings. What sort of life did he lead in Iceland, tell me about him." Thorkell asked curiously. I click my tongue at his question. "Fat fucking chance I'm going to answer that after what you did. Why should I tell you about my father."

Thorkell's mouth dropped open in shock "What?! I just told you what you wanted to know, doesn't that clearly imply a give and take!" I simply glared at him which seemed to piss him off more "You miserable little shit! I bet you don't even know and didn't learn a single thing from him and that's why you don't wanna tell." He said sticking his tongue out at me.