Chapter 105: Lingering Consequences

Dylan Xander's POV

The needle pricked through my skin, narrowly gliding into my artery that sat within my arm.

I sat in silence, hands gripping the edge of the second bed in the Med-Bay. Kana stood beside me, expertly drawing blood.

"Are you sure you're not on something?" Evan perked up, sitting backwards on one of the chairs in the room. Head resting on the back, his expression full of disbelief.

I felt Kana carefully slip the syringe out of my arm, the pin prick wound fading before a drop of blood could escape. Leaving Kana in a state of stillness as she stood beside me.

Hand holding a tiny bandaid. "Right" She muttered, packing up her equipment. "I mean! You slipped out of existence!" Evan exclaimed, gaining a sigh from me.

"Look, whatever happened, hopefully the samples I've taken and the data in the suit can shed some light on the situation" One of the lab's very own geniuses spoke, using rational thought to deal with the situation.

Pushing off the bed, my feet made contact with the ground once more. I had already changed out of my Suit and returned from U.A.

Now wearing the spare set of clothes I keep at Haven Labs just in case. Rolling my shoulders, I adjusted my woolen gray hoodie before pulling the sleeve halfway down my arm.

Covering the puncture zone that had already healed.

My attention was pulled to Denki, the younger version. The one that wasn't a homicidal psychopath, yet.

He was still very much unconscious, which wasn't surprising. He was struck by lightning, my lightning. I just hope he won't be out for as long as I was.

Chances are that he'll wake up with all my powers, his older self has them. Organic Speed.

Who's gonna deal with him?...

I didn't know if I would be ready to help him. To...teach him? Even after what I know about who he becomes.

Might... Become...

Taking a breath, I shook my head before following Evan into the cortex. As I crossed the Cortex, my hand slipped into my jeans pocket due to feeling a familar buzz.

Taking a look, I read the screen. "My Uncle is probably wondering where I am, I gotta go" I said as my eyes read over the time.

"What about the tests?"

Grabbing Aki's thick denim jacket, I slipped into it before turning around. "I'm fine, if there are any problems, I'll come running" Adjusting my jacket, I tapped into the Speedforce and vanished from the Cortex before another word could be spoken.

I expect Evan to be mumbling about me.

Darting across the city, my form blitzed into the suburban streets in a different prefecture.

Not bothering to stop, I phased through the building of a place I was so very happy to see.

Home...

Upon entering the building, my form appeared within the hallway. Sliding along the floorboards, as I had already removed my shoes with my speed.

Using the lack of friction to my advantage, I skated in my socks. Slowly coming to a complete stop before stepping into the kitchen.

"Uncle John! I'm home!" Calling out into the house, I heard...nothing. Blowing a short raspberry, my speed activated as I whipped something up from the pantry.

Setting the table, for two, I placed a steaming bowl on the small dining table before quietly walking towards John's bedroom.

With each step, his presence grew louder. Amused by his soft snores, I gripped the door handle and twisted.