Chapter 94: Bolt of Lightning

This is Gonna be...Dense?... Or a Rollercoaster... Whichever you prefer...

.....

No POV

Ryan and Katsuki made a break for the Pipeline, each of them letting their legs carry them as fast as they possibly could. If they were being honest with themselves, it was one of the times they wished they were Speedsters. 

With the Countdown growing near it's end, the two had to act, now. Any time wasted was potential for disaster, it was now or never, that was something everyone had racing through their minds. 

Two Minutes & Nine Seconds Until Particle Collision...

Ryan was first to tear one of the grates on the walls, "There are six safety levers, you have to pull each one and flick a small switch at the base of the unit" The Ionized Meta-Human talked Katsuki through the steps to ensure the city wouldn't go up in smoke. 

Without disputing, the explosive U.A Student rushed to the other side of the Pipeline entrance, where the blast door was still open. The Particle Accelerator was whirling up, ready to release the particle into the chamber. 

Ryan was first to pull the lever on one of the safety protocols and quickly moved onto the others. Katsuki trailed closely behind, the idea of failing pushed him to work harder. He refused to be second best, to lose...

It wasn't in his nature...

The teen struggled to pry the lever to the other side, being able to move just from the sheer fact his upper body muscles were highly developed due to the backlash of using his quirk so regularly. "Got the first one!" He exclaimed, flicking the switch at the base of the unit. 

Seconds were passing by faster then they could make up for, each lever seemed harder than the last. So much so that Katsuki discarded his jacket, feeling like he was suffocating under the ocean of anxiety and pressure. 

This was one of the few times his stress was itching under his skin, truly making him feel sluggish. "Fuck!" Letting out a rather loud curse, he screamed through his internal problems to get the job done. When he was halfway through pulling his second lever, the building quaked once more. 

It was as if a bomb had blew up from under them, causing the two to stumbling, needing to use the wall to remain standing upright. "Shit..." Ryan hissed, taking his eyes off the lever, "Bakugou! That was the Superconducting Magnets! We gotta...hurry!" He shouted, completing his second lever and flicking the switch. 

A small alarm blared through the Pipeline entrance, it whirled and screamed. Indicating the obvious activation of the Particle Accelerator. The metal shutters cluttered the ground as Katsuki and Ryan were on their final lever, they pulled with everything they had. Their muscles tensing, veins surfacing under their skin. 

"Got it!" The two said simultaneously, dropping to the bone chilling ground, breathing heavily. "Come on!" Katsuki growled, dragging himself to his feet. "We ain't done yet, right?" 

"Right..." Ryan spoke breathlessly, taking Bakugou's hand to be assisted to his feet. 

Stopping beside the small terminal, Ryan pressed his finger aganist the console, preparing the blast doors to close. "Listen! Twist the dial on the screen to close the doors behind me. Hopefully I can filter the Dark Matter from the chamber without it getting loose"

Katsuki gritted his jaw, eying the console for a moment. Another rumble passed through the building once more. "Tsk...Just don't get yourself killed, dumbass!" The wording and tone seemed like a threat. Katsuki knew that Dylan and the people he cares about, would be heartbroken if anything happened in the Pipeline.