chapter 7

Kyle's pov

  Another day, another time I wake up from a nightmare. I just wish this will end. I can't believe tomorrow I was saying "goodbye" to the love of my life. This all still seemed so unreal. I had to think about what I was gonna say at the funeral. I had to say something. I started thinking about all the good memories, like Kenny and I's first kiss.

  We were hanging out in my room, just being happy to spend time together. Kenny and I have been dating for a week now, and I was wondering if he was ever gonna kiss me, since I was too scared to initiate it.

"Kyle?" Kenny asked.

  "Yeah?" I turned to face him.

  Kenny immediately pressed his lips to mine, just for a second.

  "I've been wanting to do that for a while now." He smiled.

"Uh...do it again I wasn't ready." I quickly said.

  Kenny laughed, leaning in to kiss me again, longer that time.

  No matter how many great memories I had of Kenny and I, I couldn't think of the best memory to send him off.

Stan's pov

  I went over to Kyle's house and up to his room, seeing him sitting at his desk with his head in his hands.

  "Uh, what you up to dude?" I asked him.

  "I just can't think of what to say tomorrow..." he sighed.

"You want me to help you with it?" I asked.

"I don't know what to say, but I feel like this is something I should do myself." He told me.

"Of course, but I'm here if you need anything else." I said to him, sitting on his bed.

  "I know, thanks Stan." He said.

"Kyle...have you been eating?" I asked, noticing he looked a little thinner than usual.

"Uh..y-yeah, of course I have," he stuttered, "why uh...w-why wouldn't I?"

  "Dude, you know I can always tell when you're lying." I told him.

"Well I'm not completely lying..." he began, "I haven't been eating full meals, but Ike has been bringing me small things every night, making sure I at least eat something..."

  "Alright," I began, getting up, "let's go."

  "Go where?" Kyle asked.

"Out to lunch, my treat." I told him.

  "I don't want to go anywhere Stan." He said to me.

  "I think it would be good for you," I started, "get some fresh air, eat something."

  Kyle sighed, "Okay, fine."

-

Kyle's pov

I really didn't want to leave my house, but I did it for Stan. He really was trying to help me through everything, and I was really thankful for that.

"Where do you want to go?" Stan asked.

"Doesn't matter," I told him, "you're the one who wanted me to leave the house."

  "Right, I'll guess we can just stop right up here." Stan said, pulling into the parking lot of a Chinese restaurant.

  I just got whatever Stan got, not really having any appetite, but trying to eat something for Stan's sake, just like I would do for Ike.

  "Feeling any better?" Stan asked.

  "Yeah, actually I do," I slightly smiled, "thanks for making me do this."

"Of course," Stan smiled, "I told you I was here for you."

We got back to my house and went back to work on what I was gonna say tomorrow. Stan was there to keep me company, and I was glad he was, but I didn't want him to feel like he had to be here.

"Stan, I know you say you wanna be here for me, but you don't have to spend all day everyday with me." I told him.

"I know, but I like spending time with you," Stan started, "I'll leave if you're getting annoyed by me."

  "It's not that at all," I began, "it's just, don't you wanna spend time with your girlfriend?"

"Well yeah, but we haven't spend this much time together in years, I missed it." Stan told me.

He's right. We may have stayed best friends all these years, but when Kenny and I got together, I was spending more time with him which led Stan spending more time with Wendy.

  "Yeah, I missed it too." I gave him a small smile.

Stan stayed with me for the rest of the night while I wrote out what I was going to say tomorrow, and I read it out to him, and we both got pretty emotional.

  Stan hugged me goodbye and offered to drive me to the funeral tomorrow and I accepted over going with my parents.

  Tomorrow, I had to say 'goodbye' to Kenny.