epilogue

Kyle's pov

Spring break. A year since Kenny has been gone. I still think about him everyday. I still have everything of his that his parents gave me. All the photos, all the journal enteries, and his chain that has still hangs on the mirror in my car. It's a reminder everyday to keep safe, and I still never drive in the rain. I'm healing more everyday, but I still have some moments where I break down, but Stan is always there to comfort me. I don't have these moments often, but today I definitely did. Stan knew I would, so he was doing everything he could to make this day better for me.

Stan took me out to breakfast, took me to an amusement park, took me to the watch the sunset, ending with visiting Kenny.

"Thank for you today my love, I had fun," I said to Stan, "but right now.."

"I know hun, you need your moment alone. Take your time." He gave me a small smile.

I returned the smile, walking over to Kenny's grave, sitting in front of it like I always would.

"Hey Kenny...I can't believe it's been a whole year without you. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you, but for the first time, I can say that I have fully accepted this. I will never forget you Kenny, not ever. I know you have been, and you'll continue to be looking out for me everyday. I love you Kenny. Thank you for everything."

  I went back to the car, and was about to get in, when Stan spoke up.

  "This might seem kind of weird, but I would like a moment alone with Kenny as well."

  "Oh, of course babe," I told him, "I'll just be waiting here."

Stan's pov

  I walked up to Kenny's grave, kneeling in front of it.

  "Hey dude. Listen Kenny, Kyle told me that you spoke to him in a dream, that you wanted him to move on, and I just want to thank you for trusting me to look out for him, and I just want you to know that I really love and care for Kyle. You don't have to worry about him. I promise I'll take good care of him....Love you man."