𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙣𝙨 𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙆𝙞𝙡𝙡 (𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 4 𝙤𝙛 4)

(Author's Note: All these episodes are long, so they may be split into parts

(Author's Note: All these episodes are long, so they may be split into parts.)

The group then enters the lounge, realizing that they had made it, and they show off the piece or pieces they had obtained. The other group does the same, as they replace the old parts of the box with the new pieces.

As they put the pieces away, Mindy pulls out the note they received and begins reading it aloud, "The artifact requires one more piece to be fully restored. A new Jack Two must be selected by vote to undertake a deadly challenge to recover it. Choose wisely. One of you will not make it out alive. For this unique trial, the two selected must choose a partner to fight for them." Mindy's words make the group visibly stressed and fearful for their lives.

"Did you bring us on what essentially amounts to a suicide mission? You got us involved in this without any professionals, just us?" Mindy asks Sam, her voice filled with a mix of anger and frustration. Sam looks guilty, still feeling remorseful for dragging her friends into this dangerous situation.

"I didn't intentionally bring you guys here. I invited you here under the pretense of a mission. I never wanted to involve you all in this." Sam tries to defend herself, but her explanation only elicits scoffs from a few members of the group.

"We came here for a mission, not a suicide mission! Do you even know anything about this carnival master?" Tara questions her sister, feeling the most betrayed among the group. She had come here to help save a town alongside her sister, not to risk their lives for the sake of a town she didn't even know existed in the first place.

"I don't know everything. I was only informed about the town of Everlock, not about this carnival master," Sam admits, though it's clear she's withholding some information.

"How are we even supposed to do this? We'll be putting an immense amount of pressure on the individuals in the challenge, as well as those who are assisting. It's incredibly unfair," Anika expresses her concerns.

"True, that," Quinn agrees, acknowledging Anika's point.

"Yeah, and that's incredibly unfair to the person selected and potentially put in harm's way," Wes adds, highlighting the injustice of the situation.

"Well, do we have any volunteers?" Mindy asks, leaning in towards the group. However, they all stare at her as if she's crazy. Mindy, serious in her intentions, realizes that her request is met with disbelief rather than willingness. 

"Mindy, what the fuck...?" Chad exclaims, causing Ethan to giggle at his blunt reaction.

"Well then, let's discuss this among our fellow friends," Mindy suggests, prompting the group to split up into smaller clusters, engaging in discussions about who they should vote for.