𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙉𝙤 𝙉𝙖𝙢𝙚 (𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 2 𝙤𝙛 4)

The group was now back on the couch, discussing the mission they were undertaking once again, as well as the possibility of a traitor among them

"The thing is, we have to remember the pact we made at the beginning of this mission," Tara reminds the group. They all look tired from dealing with the constant deaths, monsters, and the effort required to find clues to save a town they don't even know.

"Even if somebody in this group is possibly lying to us," Amber adds to Tara's statement.

"Also, we need to stop with all this tea being spilled and all these fights, arguments, and disagreements, and just all the drama, because the sun is gonna come up any minute. We still need to find all these artifacts and figure out what is in the box," Mindy says, pointing to the box.

"Which weirdly has symbols similar to the ones that were on your suitcase," Mindy says directly to Sam, who simply nods in response.

"Yeah, somebody gave it to me. The symbol represents the Society Against Evil, which is all about being against evil, of course," Sam explains, causing both Amber and Mindy to feel a little suspicious of her, though for different reasons.

"Do you know anything about this? Are you a part of it? Or did you not know anything and just got us into some trouble without understanding the consequences?" Amber accuses her, her tone filled with suspicion.

"Well, technically no, and yes, and no, I'm not a part of the society. I just know that Society fights against all evil since they're against it. I've worked with them before, kind of," Sam explains, capturing everybody's attention.

"Wait, so they are good, and they did try to help the town?" Mindy questions, seeking clarification.

"And are they still working with us, or did they just give up, leaving it all up to us?" Chad asks, seeking to understand the current situation.

"Also, did you know these consequences were going to happen?" Amber leans forward, questioning once again, her curiosity piqued.

"They failed on their mission, and that's why we're here—to finish the job," Sam states, choosing to ignore Amber's question once again.

"And you tell us, NOW!?" Amber yells, her frustration evident. She didn't really care for or get along with the older "carpenter" sister, but now she believes the sister is risking their lives for nothing.

"And how are we supposed to do it? If they failed, we might as well," Amber adds to her argument, frustration evident on her face.

"I don't know, but we have to try. At least we can't leave right now anyway," Sam says with an emotionless expression, acknowledging the current circumstances.

"Even if it's a suicide mission, you're such a good sister and friend, Sam," Amber says sarcastically, letting out a laugh, while Sam just looks away, not responding to the remark.