𝙁𝙪𝙣𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 (𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 4 𝙤𝙛 4)

(Author's Note: There's a plot twist at the end that will surprise you

(Author's Note: There's a plot twist at the end that will surprise you. If you're familiar with the episode, you'll know what it is, but it might still shock you...)

Tara and Mindy walked into the lounge and were surprised to see Calliope instead of Mortimer.

"Calliope, where's Mortimer?" Mindy asked as they approached her.

"I don't know, he left in fright after you guys did. Something spooked him. I haven't seen him since," Calliope said, leaving confusion on the girl's face. They sat down on the couch and put the two light bulbs on with the wheel.

"Okay, that's done. Now we need to make the hard decision," Tara said as she lay back on the couch.

"Okay, we can't vote Sam. Maybe she can still help us, and she's my sister. I want to protect her," Tara explained.

"Same with Chad, and even though he's a knucklehead, he's my brother. He's been trying his best, along with his 'dead but alive' boyfriend, but Ethan has proved himself a lot in the past," Mindy defended her brother's case and supported Ethan's position.

"It kind of seems unfair but also fair to put him back into another death challenge, but then there's Quinn who helped a lot no matter what. This is so hard," Tara said, expressing her conflicting feelings about the situation.

"Let's just go pick one and get this over with," Mindy said as she went over and picked Quinn's card, while Tara went over and picked Ethan's before sitting back on the couch.

"Well, what do we do then?" Tara asked, looking down at her lap. 

"I guess we wait and see," Mindy replied, looking at the wall with a hint of guilt. Despite the difficulty of their decision, she knew they had no other option at the moment. 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

While waiting at the cage, Sam lay back against its bars, finding a comfortable spot. Ethan laid his head on Chad's shoulder, and Chad, in turn, rested his head on Ethan's head. Meanwhile, Quinn laid on Ethan's other shoulder, forming a somewhat cozy yet tense group as they awaited the next challenge. 

But the moment was ruined when Willie started spraying something on them, causing them to back up and away from him to the back of the cage. The noxious substance stung their senses, and they huddled close, hugging each other tightly for what might be the last time. They couldn't help but realize that the girls had likely made their decision.