𝟏𝟔. 𝐒𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Raghav stood frozen for a moment, utterly startled by Pihu’s revelation.

His voice quivered as he questioned her, struggling to comprehend,

"You knew him, Pihu? Then why didn’t you tell me earlier?"

Yet before he could process her response, Pihu shifted her focus to Ritu, her eyes filled with concern and disbelief.

"Tell me, Ritu, it’s him, isn’t it? The one I’m thinking of?" Ritu, with her head bowed in shame, barely managed to whisper her confession.

"Yes, Bhabhi, it’s him… Abhishek Basu Sir, our HOD… the one who will retire this December."

Pihu’s stomach churned with disgust at the thought. How could a man of her father’s age, someone in a position of respect, stoop so low? Her voice was filled with anger and frustration as she demanded,

Her voice was filled with anger and frustration as she demanded, "Why are you lowering your head, Ritu? You did nothing wrong! It’s him who should bow in shame for what he did to you!" She wiped away the tears from Ritu’s eyes, trying to provide her with comfort and strength.

She looked at her as her eyes is again feeling with fresh pair of tears.

Meanwhile, Raghav’s fury was building like a storm. Tears streamed down his face, not out of sorrow but from the sheer intensity of his rage. His hands clenched tightly, and he vowed silently that he wouldn’t let this vile man go unpunished. His sister’s pain was unbearable, but for now, his priority was her well-being.

He wiped his tears, took a deep breath, and gently cupped Ritu’s face, his voice soft ,

'Yes bacha your bhabhi is right. Stop crying now. Go wash your face, and your bhabhi will put some medicine on you. I’ll bring you something to eat… and today, your bhaiya will feed you with his own hands, okay?"

He tried to lift her spirits, his voice tender yet filled with a quiet determination.

Ritu, still overwhelmed, could only nod silently, her eyes red and swollen, staring at her brother with a mix of gratitude and helplessness.

Raghav left the room to bring her food, his mind already spinning with thoughts of revenge.

Meanwhile, Pihu gently encouraged Ritu to freshen up.

"Go wash your face, Ritu, I’ll take out some clothes for you." But Ritu, her voice soft and weary, said,

"Bhabhi, I want to take a shower… it might take a little longer. You don’t need to wait for me, I’ll manage on my own." she ask in whisper.

Pihu give a comforting smile, 'You go ahead,I'll wait here ..and please don't lock the door ,okay??

Ritu nodded blankly and silently headed to the bathroom.

Inside the washroom,she stood under the shower ,her mind flooded with memories how he had touched her waist ...how he had kisses her hand ..

'You don't like me touching you like this?? I wished I had met you earlier'...

She utterly felt disgusted by his touch. She began rubbing her hands roughly trying to ease the memory of where he had kissed her. She scrubbed her face where he slapped her and did the same with her waist ,trying to read herself of the filth that seemed to linger on her skin.

Pihu watched anxiously as time passed ,her worry increasing every minute Ritu stayed in the bathroom. After waiting a little longer ,she knocked on the door and called out but there was no response only the constant sound of the shower running. Panic rising , Pihu quickly entered the bathroom and what she saw shook her to the core.