Chapter 26

Yang, Ruby, Weiss, and Blake waited at the landing pad along with Jaune, Pyrrha, Ren, and Norra. Yang paced back and forth, waiting for the Bullhead to arrive while the others passed the time playing cards. A small pile of lein laid in the center.

Ruby: Behold! A pair of two's!

Ruby shouted as she slammed her cards onto the floor.

Jaune: Hate to break it to you, Ruby, but—

Weiss: You lose. Ha!

Weiss reveals a pair of two's and three's.

Ruby: What!?

Weiss: Beat that.

Jaune: Okay.

He shows three of the same cards.

Weiss: Wha-?!

Jaune leaned forward to collect his winning only to be stopped by Norra. As she lowered her hands to reveal her cards, a bright light nearly blinded the group as she showed a "full house." Jaune looked heartbroken towards his teammate, who wore a giant smirk.

Norra: Come to Mama!

Pyrrha: Is this good?

Norra's enthusiasm fades as Pyrrha shows her cards to be a "royal flush.". The wind blew past the now silent group as Pyrrha happily collected her winnings.

Ren: I told you guys to fold.

As the group argued about whose fault it was, Blake walked over towards Yang.

Blake: He'll be fine.

Yang: Pssh... I know that....*Chuckles* Duh....I know he'll be fine....

She crosses her arm

Yang: Right?

Weiss: Of course he will! Haven't you seen his refusal to die?!

Ruby: Plus, he's dating Yang Soooo, I think that's enough motivation for him to live.

Jaune: Lucky.

Pyrrha smacks the back of his head and looks away.

Jaune: What was that for?

Pyrrha: There was a bug on you.

Jaune: Thank...you?

Their attention is dawn towards the sound of a ship fast approaching. Yang tenses up as the airship lands and starts to lower its ramp. Slowly, it reveals Mercury and Emerald staring at something to their left. With the ramp fully lowered, Y/N is seen slowly sliding down the ramp face first fast asleep.

Jaune: Is uh....he okay?

Emerald: Yea, he's fine. Poor guy is all tuckered out.

Mercury: You guys got this.

The duo walks away, leaving Y/N face down on the ground.

Weiss: Cool "team."

Ruby: Are they, though?

Blake: I think she was being sarcastic.

Norra: Was she?

Weiss: I was!

Yang: Could someone help me?

Ren: On it.

(Later....)

Y/N: ( Ugh....where am I?)

Y/N awoke from his slumber to find himself alone in his room.

Y/N: How'd I get here? Last thing I remember....