Frostburn Pt.4

Gumball: Where did you manage to find a fire elemental during monsoon season?

Fionna: He was hangin' around outside our house!

(Y/N): More like being hunted.

Fionna: He used to be a boy.

Gumball: A boy?

Fionna: Yeah, he was with a buncha fire lions.

Fionna hands the fire elemental to (Y/N) who puts the fire elemental on his head.

Fionna: We saved him from the Ice Queen, but not before she took his buddies and stuck one of these things in him.

Fionna then pulls out another of the crystal that was placed into the fire elemental.

Gumball: Oh my goodness! A heated salt crystal? And you say Ice Queen placed one of these exact crystals into his body?

Fionna: Yeah! Right into his chest! He wasn't wearin' a shirt so—

Gumball looks at the crystal with a serious and concerned expression on his face.

(Y/N): Gumball, that expression on your face isn't reassuring...

Gumball: Fionna, (Y/N), this is serious.

Fionna: Really?

Gumball: Heated salt crystals are a very volatile stone... It leeches all the heat from the body and absorbs it into itself... I've never heard of one of those being placed into a fire elemental... I'm afraid that the crystal will eventually draw out all his heat and he'll evaporate into nothing...

Fionna: You have to do something, he doesn't even know what's happening to him!

Gumball: I can try to raise his body temperature in one of my ovens... but until we find a way to extract the crystal, he'll just continue to fade away. Here, give him to me.

Fionna: O-Okay...

Fionna grabs the fire elemental from (Y/N)'s head and hands him to Gumball.

Fionna: I need to use the bathroom.

Gumball: Down the hall! I'll be in the royal kitchen.

(Y/N): I'll check out the library and see if there's any safe methods to remove that crystal.

Fionna puts down her pack on a table next to the bathroom door. A figure with a star on its head presses its head against the window and they manage to open the window and steal the Wand Sword.

Timeskip

Fionna: Aww Yeaaaahh! I did it! I got mah wand! All by mahself...

Fionna makes her way back to the Candy Kingdom after having to go to Lumpy Space to retrieve her Wand Sword from LSP who had stolen it.

Fionna: ...Hello? Gumball? Cake? (Y/N)? Where is everyone?

(Y/N): Fionna, over here!

Fionna: Oh!

Fionna walks over to (Y/N), and Marshall who was holding his umbrella.

Marshall: Hey, bun brain.

Fionna: Hey, Marshall Lee.

Marshall: I just woke up from a nap. I'm gonna head home. Tell Gumball I said bye!

Fionna and (Y/N) watch Marshall leave from the window as it is now sunset.

(Y/N): Where were you?

Fionna: Lumpy Space. LSP stole my wand thingy and made himself beautiful and kinda took advantage of his people.