Just like the sky loves the earth

Chapter-2 ~Just like the sky loves the earth~

Aadhya's POV-

I was chatting with Rinku when I noticed that I was running late for the class. I told her that I had to leave since I was running late for my class. I didn't even know where my class was. I saw a senior didi standing alone so I asked her that where the fist year Arts class was. She showed me the way. When I entered the class the teacher was already there. I was spared because it was my first day and my dad was a Professor in this college. After the class I started talking to some of the decent first year students when a group of seniors entered our class. Ragging begins!

So, the seniors gave us a form kind of thing which was like this:

Name: Gender: Sexuality: Hobbies:

Ragging can be worse. This is just the first step. My form was like this:

Name: Aadhya Bose

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Straight

Hobbies: Dancing, singing, reading, watching Bollywood movies

I was pretty straightforward in filling the form. When I went to submit the form one of the seniors asked me "Ae ladki, You are Dhritish Sir's daughter, aren't you?" "Yes I am" I replied. That didi said to the other seniors standing there "Arre dekh, Zombie's daughter." So that was what they called my dad, 'Zombie'. "It suits him well." I said and left the classroom. To be honest, I wanted to see their reaction but I left.

"Bro, how are you?" Somebody suddenly called me from behind. It was Seema. She was my third standard bestie. "Hi" I squealed. It was a bit too much drama but, dosto ke sath chalta hain. "You look so pretty" She said. "You too." I replied. Then we talked for about fifteen minuted in the canteen. After that Seema told that she had a class so she had to leave. When I was about to leave I saw him, my neighbour. He was coming towards me. "Aadhya, your dad asked me to take you to him. He wants to see you." He said. Wait!

"I can't belive it? Are you that guy? Are you my dad's favourite student? What was your name, again?" I asked. "Sidharth." He replied. No way! I can't belive I am my dad's favourite student's neighbour.

"Come with me." Sidharth said and I followed him. While walking I asked him "Can I call you Sid?" "No. Nobody calls me that anymore." He replied. That was so rude. "You don't have to be so rude." I said. He ignored whatever I told and said "Your dad asked me to keep an eye on you."

"Don't you dare to do that. I am not a kid anymore that someone has to keep an eye on me." I said. He smiled. His smile was just so peaceful but there was something missing in his smile. Every time he smile he looked so unhappy. How can a person look unhappy when they smile. I don't understand.

We reached our dad's office and Sidharth opened the door for me and then left. "Dad! You can't tell Sidharth to keep an eye on me. Why do you even care about what I do? When I was in home all you cared about was alcohol and your pretty young wife." I said as soon as I entered. He looked at me with a pale face. "You are my daughter." he said. I left his office. Why is my dad so irritating? I hate him. I hate my dad.

Sidharth's POV-

What a coincidence! Aadhya turned out to be Dhritish sir's daughter. I don't think she liked her dad that much. Anyways, that doesn't matter. After classes I stayed at the library because I had to work on an assignment. I saw Aadhya entering the library with Seema. Seema was my junior. We were friends. It seems that even Aadhya is good friends with Seema. I tried not to look at them because if I look at them they will come and sit beside me and start chatting and not let me complete my assignment. It's sometimes annoying how people can chat so much.

"Hi." Aadhya said. "It's a library." I said politely, tried not to be rude but I guess it sounded rude. "No wonder you are my dad's favourite student." She said and walked away.

Seema told me "How many times did I tell you not to be rude?" "I can't help it." I said and continued doing the assignment. After finishing the assignment I went to the café to have a cup of coffee. The café was beside our college. There, I heard a news. A party was going to be held this weekend. Many first years would be invited. Some of my batchmates were planning to bully the first years at the party. Akhil asked me "Do you want to bully the first years? You can join us if you want." "No, thanks." I replied. Aadhya will also be there. Will she be able to handle ragging? I guess she will, she's a smart girl.

I was planning to go home but it started raining. It reminded me of a quote I had once read "Rain is not only drops of water. It is the love of the sky for the earth. They never meet each other but the sky sends his love this way." I wish even Shanaya could send her love to me this way. Did she ever love me?

Aadhya's POV-

It was raining and I saw Sidharth standing outside the café drenched, lost is his dreams. I didn't have an umbrella and I assumed that even he didn't have one but still I wanted to go to him. He looked as if he was going to cry at any moment. Suddenly I felt something. Something which I have felt before. I know the feeling and belive me, it's not love.

I ran to him and asked him "Do you have an umbrella?" "No" He replied, still lost in his dreams. I held his hand and almost dragged him inside the café. The waiter came and I ordered black coffee.

What had happened to Sidharth? He wasn't speaking. He was just staring at an invisible person. "Sidharth?" I called him. Finally, he woke up from his dream. "Yes, ummm...sorry I was thinking something." He said a little apologetically. "And sorry for the thing I told you in the library" He said again. I ignored whatever he said and asked him "Are you okay?" "Yes." He replied. "You can tell me if you want to." I said. "I don't want to. " He replied. The rain stopped. I drank the coffee and stared at Sidharth and he stared outside the café. We left together. In the bus also we sat together. He didn't speak a word. He didn't even say bye before entering his house.

Maybe he wasn't rude, after all. He was just sad. Sad about something which he can't tell anybody. I feel sorry for him. I wanted to help him but I couldn't.

I received a message by an unknown number and I am guessing that it is my senior. The message said that "Hello dear juniors, We are having a party this Sunday. You are all invited and you can take some pretty and handsome friends along with you. You'll get other informations regarding this tomorrow at the college canteen. If you want to join us, please register your name tomorrow."

That's all. The message was this much and the sender of this message wants me to believe that this is true. This is probably some kind of prank by the seniors and I won't fall for it.

Today was hectic. I went for a walk with Jelly and then watched Jab we met. After that I took my pills and slept.

MiMi