Shanaya

Chapter-5~ Shanaya~

4 years ago

Sidharth's POV-

Today is the best day of my life. The prettiest girl in my class, Shanaya smiled at me. All my friends were teasing me about her. It is obvious that I like her and I think even she has started liking me. Now all I want is to start dating her but the problem is that I don't have the confidence to ask her out. She is so pretty and kind that sometimes I feel that she is too good for me. She smiled at me again. I feels so nice when she smiles at me.My friend, Neel's reaction was 'Oho, these days you seem to be so popular.' I didn't know what to answer so I just stayed quiet and tried not to blush. Neel was constantly asking me to go and talk to her. When Shanaya was passing by our bench Neel pulled her hand and said "Hey, do you like Sid?" Why is he asking such questions? Won't Shanaya get to know that I like her?But then she should know that I like her, how long will I keep it to myself. Shanaya was surprised and maybe the question was too sudden and unexpected for her. "I am not sure what you are talking about" She said. That reply was silly. "I am asking that whether you like Sidharth or not" Neel said. 

"Me? Sidharth? No way. I like him only as a friend" She said. 

"That's what I was asking" Neel said, smirked and then continued "as a friend only"  So now it's my turn. I can't let Shanaya be the fool here. Neel is an expert in trolling people, I can't let that happen with Shanaya. I need to be the hero here, Neel can't be the show stealer. "Shut up" I told Neel and then looked at Shanaya directly in the eyes and said 'I really like you and not as a friend. I want you to be more than a friend to me."It took a bit of while for Shanaya to realise what had happened. She didn't expect this. Half of the class were staring at us only and the other half were busy chatting and minding their own business. I really like those other half of people. 

Now Shanaya said ' I don't really know what to say, but I'll think about it.' 

She will at least think about it. I am relieved even though I am not afraid of rejection. The thing is that I have never been rejected by someone or in something, even in competitions I have a habit of winning prizes so if she rejects me it's going to be a new experience. 

That day after school I was sitting in the school bus and I left a seat beside me vacant for Neel. Shanaya came and sat there. I didn't even ask her to sit, so does this mean that she likes me back? "Hi" She said. "Hi'"

"I thought about the thing which you told me in the class" Shanaya said.

"And?" I said (kinda asked).

"Maybe we can try dating" Shanaya said. Yayyyy!!! That't the feeling inside my heart right now but I obviously can't expose it. 

"Thank you, I guess" It was silly of me to say this but I couldn't think of an answer. 

"I don't really know you that well, maybe we can start with knowing each other" She said.

"Yeah, sure. What do you want to know about me?" I asked.

So that's how we continued talking until her stop came. 

MiMi

Author's note-

Hi readers! Thank you for reading this story. I just wanted to know if you want a face claim for the characters. Please do tell me. I hope you like the story and if you have any suggestions you can comment or msg :)