Pyaar hi dosti hai

Chapter-10~Pyaar hi dosti hai~

Sidharth's POV-

I had done the biggest mistake. How could I let Aadhya feel that I would leave her? I mean I had warned her before but this was my fault now. 

"Yea. It's all my fault. I know. I just leave now. " I said and I was going to leave but she held my hand tightly.

"You are not leaving again." Aadhya said. That when the street lights suddenly switched on and both of us could see each other properly. She was looking directly in my eyes but I couldn't look at hers. It was so evident that all this was my fault. 

"Aadhya, I am so sorry. But I have said it before, we can't date." 

"I never said that I wanted to date you. Can't we just be friends?" Aadhya said. Did she really want to be only friends with me? 

"We can. But what if you start liking me more?" I said.

"How does me liking you even matter if you don't like me? Please Sidharth. Can we please pretend that nothing like this ever happened and be friends. That's what would make. me happy and you might not like me that way but I am sure that you care for my happiness." Aadhya said. We can actually be friends, once I stop being attracted t o her. How will I make her understand that it's not her but me? I don't want to be in love. What if we start being friends. and I stop feeling for her? What if it works?

"We can" Finally, Aadhya smiled. She came one step closer and said "Fine, then we are forgetting everything that happened before and you should forget that I ever liked you. Treat me as a friend from now on and tomorrow I am sitting with you in the bus. Meet me at the canteen everyday" 

"Chill, I never thought you would take friendship so seriously. Let's not make any promises. We'll be friends, that's all" I said. It was kind of nice speaking to her as a friend. I felt relieved but a little bit sad too because she would stop liking me if we are friends for long. But shouldn't that be the best part? That's what I wanted. The why am I sad?

"Yea, fine." She said and whispered "Bye" in my ear and went inside her house. I stood there standing and thing what just happened. I was happy after a long time. It just felt so much more relieved being her friend. I didn't have any chance to get caught while staring at her or even stealing a glance because it's never that way with friends. With friends you can do whatever you want. I wonder how's it going to be for us now. Our friendship phase starts and I am definitely looking forward to it.

Aadhya's POV-

I and Sidharth are friends now. It's nice. But I want to be more but I never can. And It's better to see the one whom you like being happier and I guess that's what love is. It is all about the feeling when you see the person you love being happy or sad. It affects you so much that it causes change in your emotional state also. I could feel that Sidharth was happy and even I was because now I know that Sidharth likes me. He just doesn't admit it. I am totally fine with it. I am sure there'll be a day when he would say it to me. I am happy that the text didn't reach Rishi because I know what Sidharth makes me feel Rishi would never be able to and now that I am friends with Sidharth I won't even need Rishi to make me happy. But of course that doesn't mean that I'll not be friends with Rishi. He in a good friend and will always be. My friendship with Sidharth is not going to affect my friendship with Rishi. I just want both of them to get along because if by any chance Rishi gets to know that I like Sidharth I have no idea what his reaction would be. I just don't want them to fight, that's all. And now that I and Sidharth are friends things are going to be easier for both of us. I took my pills and went to sleep happily and wished for that dialogue in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai to be true. Pyaar hi dosti hai.

Note-

Hey pretty ppl!! I just wanted to let u guys know that there might be contradicting statement  in this story said by the same character but I have given it just to explain the characters attitude, personality and state of mind. And I wanted to say thank you to all the nice ppl who read my book. I'll keep on writing and trying to improve. Thank you and Love u guys :)

MiMi