My Mother

Chapter-19~My Mother~

Aadhya's POV-

Today after college I was going home after almost four months. When I entered the house I was greeted by my step mother. The moment I entered she pretended to be very happy to see me. I hate the way she always pretends. She took me to her room and gave me a few makeup and skincare products as gifts. 

"I want to meet dad" I said. 

"Wait beta, he just now came back from college. I'll take you to him once he is ready. And you'll have dinner with us today, right? You came home after so many days. You should have dinner. She said. 

"Depends on how dad behaves".

After a few minutes of random talks with my step mother my dad called me to his room. "What were you saying yesterday?" He asked with a very serious face. 

"Baba, my friends are going to Manali. They requested me to go with them. I want to go. Please let me go" I said. 

"No" He said. Just one word was enough to irritate me."

"I wouldn't have taken your permission. I just thought that you'll feel bad if I leave without telling you. That's why I told you" I said.

"Then why did you ask me? Just go. But I am not paying for your trip." He said. I raised my voice "Baba you always do this. You have never let me go in school picnics or to the birthday parties of my friends. I am old now. I can take care of myself" I said. 

"If you can take care of yourself then why don't you arrange the money yourself too" He said. I HATE HIM.

"You always do this. You did this to mom also. You never let her leave this house. You mede it like a jail for her. That's why she killed herself. You are the reason she killed herself?" I said without thinking. After a minute of silence he spoke "I thought I wouldn't tell this to you, but I guess I have to, since you blame me for all your mother's doings. Your mother liked girls and I am afraid you might turn out like her that's why I don't let you go out" 

I couldn't breathe. I didn't know about it until now. Oh. My. God. My mom was a lesbian. I ran out of the house. I kept on running until I reached a construction site where no one was around. I stopped there. I felt like I was dying. I could see my whole messed up life in front of my eyes. My father beating my mother. My father having multiple affairs with his students. My mother being a lesbian. Nothing made sense.I kept on crying. The only nice thing which I could thing of now was Sidharth. He was the only good thing that ever happened in my life. I took out my phone and dialled his number. He picked up "hello? Aadhya? Are you alright? Aadhya? Say something." 

I couldn't speak. I tried speaking but my voice broke. "Where are you?" He asked. "I-I. A con-strruction s-s site" 

Sidharth's POV-

Aadhya was crying. She had called me but she couldn't speak. She told me she was at some construction site. Before she had told me that she was going to meet her father. I didn't know his address but I knew where he lived. I searched all the nearby construction sites of that area and finally found Aadhya. She was sitting on the ground and sobbing.

MiMi