Barishein

Chapter-7~Barishein~

Sidharth's POV-

I was reading the book 'The Psychology of Money'. My phone rang. Akhil was calling. "Bro, Sidharth, you have to come. It's so much fun here. Rahul had just pranked a first year girl and she was so scared." 

"Wait, what did you say? First year girl? Who?" I asked. What if it's Aadhya?

"Arre I don't know her name but she is hot" Akhil said.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes" I said. What if it's Aadhya? I should go and see what's happening there. I changed in 1 minute and left for the party. I reached there and saw everybody was partying and I couldn't find Aadhya. I saw Akhil, he was coming towards me. "Hi! I never. thought you would be here.

 "Come, we will have some fun" He said. "Uh, okay" I said. I was still searching for Aadhya. "You were saying that Rahul pranked some hot first year girl. Where is she?" I asked Akhil.

"Oh, so you came to see her. Wait, I'll show you" He said. 

"I just wanted to see. I think she is my neighbour" I said. 

"See, she's there" Akhil pointed towards a girl wearing a bright pink dress and it wasn't Aadhya. It was Rinku. 

"Is she your neighbour?" Akhil asked me.

"Ya, one of my neighbours" I said. I was still searching for Aadhya. Where could she be? "Why are you looking so distracted?" Akhil asked.

"Umm, nothing" I said. "Come, we'll have a drink" He said.

"No No, it's fine" I said. After a while of chatting Akhil went to. bully the first years with his other friends. I usually didn't like parties so I was just planning to leave when suddenly someone started singing and it wasn't just any song. Somebody was singing Barishein. I looked towards where there was a crowd of many people. A guy from first year was singing that song and I could see Aadhya also in that crowd. She was smiling, kind of blushing. She was wearing a black dress. Her hair was open. She was looking so different. Her beautiful eyes were irresistible today and her lips due to the addition of some colours were so appealing. She was wearing heels which made her look taller, almost till my height, or maybe a bit shorter. I couldn't take my eyes of her. She was looking so gorgeous. I stood there, stunned for a moment and then realised that I was about to leave. With that realisation another realisation hit me. The guy was singing Barishein. My eyes were blurry and the background started to fade and those memories started troubling me, again. I was crying before I could realise. I couldn't stand there anymore so I almost ran and left.

 I was standing in a park when I finally came back to my senses. Somebody ran from behind and held my hand. It was Aadhya. She was panting. She asked me "Are you okay?" I didn't reply. "Sidharth?" 

"Why are you here? Why did you follow me? Why do you care if I am okay or not?" I shouted, maybe a bit too angrily. 

"I don't know. I really don't." She said calmly. I was quite easy to guess that I had hurt her feelings. I tried calming myself and said "Please Aadhya, leave me alone. You might not know why you care about me but I do. So please" Aadhya was looking down. She didn't say anything. 

"Aadhya, I am sorry" I said, trying to be a little polite.

"Hmm" She said. After a while of silence she said "I'll leave you alone but before that I just want you to know that the guy in the party was singing that song for me and I kept him waiting because of you" After this she left. I stood there alone, in the dark, feeling lonely again. The last few minutes kept on rewinding in my mind again and again. All I could think was that I was doing the same thing to the guy who was singing Barishein what Neel did to me. Why did it have to be that song only?

MiMi