Who knows?

Aadhya's POV-

Next morning was like a new beginning to me. I still liked Sidharth but it was all different. I didn't have to wait for him to talk to me anymore. He didn't have to avoid talking to me anymore. it was all so different. I sat with Sidharth in the bus. We laughed and talked. We talked about various things like movies and professors, but since we didn't take the same classes we couldn't talk about that for long. I realised that we would soon run out of things to talk but for now we talked about normal or maybe random stuff. After getting off the bus I waved a bye at Sidharth and left for my classes. On my way I met Rishi. He smiled and came closer. I knew he was trying to make things normal between us. "So, umm, Hey. You look nice today." Rishi said. I didn't wasn't to blush at this silly comment but I ended up doing it. I hope Rishi didn't realise that I did blush. "Thanks." I said. "I need to go now. I have classes, but we can talk later if you want." I said.

"Hmm. It's fine." Rishi said. I didn't understand what he meant by it's fine but I didn't bother to ask. I just left for my classes. After my classes I met Seema in the canteen and told her everything that had happened with Sidharth last night. She just laughed and said "Sidharth must be relieved now". "Even I am relieved." I said. She just laughed. 

That day went pretty good. No drama. I didn't even meet Rishi after college and after college me and Sidharth walked home together. I still can't believe we walked one hour and we didn't run out of things to talk. While entering his home Sidharth said "Thanks" and before I could reply he went in. I didn't know what that meant but it made me feel good. The week continued this way. It was a bit boring but it's always nice to stay with Sidharth except for the fact that he doesn't let me call him Sid. I still don't know the reason for that. I guess we'll eventually become close and I'll ask him. 

Finally, Sunday came. I had a lot of work to do. My exams were coming. I had to study but my English notes were incomplete. I had missed a lot of classes because of preparations for clubs recently. My attendance was fine but I needed a help. I thought of calling Seema but then changed my mind. What if I call Rishi? He will help me, won't he? I haven't spoken to Rishi properly from the day me and Sidharth became friends but he surely would help me. And moreover he is pretty good in English. I called him and he picked up the phone in less than a second "Hey" He said. "Hi, I am stuck with English. Can you help me? Please." I knew he wouldn't refuse and he didn't. We decided that we'll meet at a café near college. By now I had understood that Rishi was a fan of cafeteria's. 

Rishi's POV-

Finally, I got to talk to Aadhya. It had been so many days since I talked to her. Maybe not many days but a day without talking to her feels like a week. I dressed up and looked in the mirror. It was my first time looking at the mirror so properly. I wanted to look handsome for the first time. I wanted Aadhya to like me. 

I reached the café and Aadhya was already there, waiting for me. Sometimes it feels really nice and special to see someone waiting to see you so eagerly, specially when it's Aadhya. She was looking so damn pretty. Every time I saw her I felt like falling for her over again. And why shouldn't I? I was the one who told her that I would wait. But still it feels wrong. Aadhya likes someone and it's surely not me. "Hey" She waved at me. I smiled. "Thanks for coming. I really needed your help" She said in her pleasant voice. 

"I'll always be there for you" I said without even thinking once. She might think that I was flirting with her but this was also the truth. If not as a partner, I'll always be by her side as a friend. I explained her the part of the Merchant of Venice which she had missed. Then helped her with some notes. In between we talked and. laughed. She didn't mention me liking her. We ordered cold coffee. When she was copying notes from my notebook I just stared at her. And randomly I started speaking "Hey, did anyone ever tell you you're so beautiful?" 

"No" She said it like she was whispering. I felt the sadness in her voice. Was it sadness, regret or confusion? I would never know. She then looked at me and she was smiling slightly. I couldn't take my eyes of her. Her dimples made her look so cute. "I told you I'll keep on trying. You remember, right?" I said.

"Yes and I don't want you to stop trying" She said. That gave me some hope. Maybe after all she wasn't impossible. We were having a moment kind of thing, the kind where in movies the hero kisses the heroine. But to I couldn't kiss her, of course. There was this table between us. And maybe something else. Or maybe I wasn't really the hero of her story. Or maybe she wasn't the heroine of mine. She didn't seem to be lost in my eyes the way I was in hers. Maybe its just an illusion. Who knows?

MiMi