The Truth

Chapter-13~The Truth~

Aadhya's POV-

Sidharth lost. I didn't know what to feel. Rishi was so happy. He said that he was going to treat his "special friends" which of course included me, tonight. I wanted to be with Sidharth but I couldn't refuse Rishi. At least once I wanted to share happiness with Rishi instead sharing sadness with Sidharth. We went to eat and Rishi said that we would be partying, most probably in a night club. I never usually enjoyed night clubs

We were on our way when I saw a notification on my phone. I had posted a few pictures of Rishi and me and the congratulating Rishi on winning the match on Instagram. Sidharth had liked the post. I don't know if he liked it by mistake because he had never liked any of my pictures. The next minute he messaged me "Where are you?" and then he asked "Are you with Rishi?"

"Yes" I replied. And then I asked him that why he wanted to know that. He replied that he wanted to make sure that I was fine. "I am fine." I messaged him. Suddenly a feeling of sadness started growing in me. I shouldn't have posted those pictures. I wanted to go home. Be with Sidharth, no matter how fun it would be if I stayed with Rishi. I was ready to share my sorrows with Sidharth and leave the fun behind that I could have with Rishi. 

Rishi was driving. Maybe he had noticed my expression so he asked "Hey, are you fine?" 

"Can you drop me here. I am not feeling well. I want to go home" I said. "I'll drop you home" He said.

"No, it's fine. You guys go. I'll go by myself" I insisted and so he dropped me there. I booked a cab and went home. After changing into not so cute pj's I looked out of the window facing Sidharth's house. He was at the terrace. I was getting deja vu. It felt like the day I first saw him. He looked exactly the same. Was he sad? I couldn't see his face properly. 

Sidharth's POV-

I hated loosing this game.I hated the fact that Aadhya was happy that I lost. I felt like I had lost the most precious game of my life. I felt that Aadhya would never want me like before. Maybe Rishi had taken my place. Or it could be even worse. Maybe Rishi is giving her the love which she expected from me. I was standing at the terrace. I felt so shitty. I was searching. I was searching for the words of comfort. Before Aadhya I never expected anyone to care for me. The were girls who wanted me but not the way Aadhya did. Aadhya doesn't really want me. She's happy when I am happy. This makes her different. 

I looked towards Aadhya's window. I expected nothing and yet I looked. Aadhya was there, giving me a curious look. We had eye contact for a second and then I left. I couldn't stand Aadhya's eyes making fun of me. 

Aadhya messaged me "Hey, are you fine? Why did you leave?" I replied "Yes" and then didn't text anything. Five minutes later someone rand the doorbell. It was Aadhya. I didn't open. I opened the door after she rang the bell for almost more than ten times. Aadhya was looking worried.

Aadhya's POV-

Sidharth was not fine. And yet he was pretending that he was fine. "Come in" He said.

"Thanks" I said. His home wasn't the way I thought it would be. It was dull. The walls were painted white and there were no pictures hanging. I sat on the sofa and the pulled Sidharth's hand to make him sit beside me. I could tell by his expression that he wasn't expecting this. "I know you are not fine. Can you please tell me what happened?" I asked. I thought he wouldn't reply but he did. He said "I lost. That's it. Nothing else." This made me sure that he was sad because of something else. I held his hand and said "I know there's something else. Please tell me" 

"Fine" After a long pause he continued " I hated the way you cheered for Rishi and not me. I hated the fact that you didn't even look once at me after I lost and went partying with Rishi. I don't know why this happened. I hated all of it. And the worst thing was that I had lost to Rishi." He said. I can't believe he actually said all of that. "Sidharth. You got it all wrong. I did cheer for you every single time you were playing well. You just didn't look at me all those times. But I hate to admit the fact that I was the reason you didn't play well. You were busy looking at how I was cheering for Rishi. I don't want to become a distraction for you. I was happy for Rishi but how did you even think I would stop caring for you?" I said. He stared at me blankly. I continued with my speech and said "I love you."

"No, you can't. You won't." He said.

"Because I said I love you doesn't mean I'll do everything you say." I hated explaining this to him.

"Please, try to understand." He said.

"I know it's not easy for you. It's hard for me too but-" I tried explaining him again.

"Please, leave me alone." He said coldly.

"No, I won't. I won't let you be alone from now on." I said. I was stubborn. 

"Do you know how hard it is to love somebody?" He said.

"I know how hard it is to love somebody and pretend that you don't love them." I was not loosing to him.

"Fine, you win. I accept that you love me but I don't." He said.

"I need to go." I was already crying. The person I loved the most had made me cry.

"Wait. Before you decide whether you want to continue loving me or not I want to tell you something. I have killed someone" Sidharth said.

MiMi