Christmas Eve (4k Special)

Hanni and Y/N had been best friends since childhood, even attending the same small town high school together before they both left for separate universities and began their own lives.

After a decade of living away, they were both returning home for Christmas and New Years, separately not expecting to run into anyone they knew.

Little did they know that the Christmas Eve party they were attending would lead to a very interesting surprise.

As people filled the room and conversations began, they soon recognized familiar faces.

They'd been out of touch with each other for so long, but here they were, as if they had never drifted apart.

However, they both quickly realized that most of their friends, with whom they had gone to school, were either married or in a relationship.

Embarrassed to have to attend the party alone, they made an agreement: They'd be each other's fake dates until after the new year.

The two of them were soon inseparable, and the feeling of the friendship they had shared many years ago was alive again.

They stayed up late talking, reminiscing on their time together and even losing track of time as they talked about the past and present.

On New Years Day, as everyone started to pack and head home, they both suddenly felt melancholy at the thought of having to say goodbye soon.

They had grown close over the short few days, and the thought of being apart and leading separate lives again made them realize just how much they had missed each other.

So before they said goodbye, they made a promise: They would meet again after the new year was over and spend more time together.

No matter how much time had passed, they were certain that their friendship would never drift again.