Snow (5k Special)

Y/N's POV:

The cold winter night was unmistakable and i watched as slowly, the snow started to come down.

I remember feeling a faint tingle of hope, believing that the snow would bring a fresh start.

I watched hanni from a distance, my back leaned on a nearby tree, my arms tightly crossed. I watched her fall apart and I was helpless. I wanted to do something but I was scared and my throat refused to release comfort words.

Looking away from hanni, I spotted a figure in the darkness.

He had been following us since the park and i knew it was him.

I squinted my eyes and saw that he approached her, talking in a gentle but firm voice.

I was so happy that he set her free but at the same time my chest ached. I watched him hold her tight and then slowly, he walked away, disappearing in the darkness.

Turning to her, I saw that she was shaking and I didn't hesitate to pull her into an embrace.

Hanni collapsed into my arms, tears streaming down her face. I felt completely helpless and the only thing I could do was hold her tight while she coughed sobs.

Her hands tangled in my coat for comfort while the tears kept her warm.

The two of us, standing in the middle of a snowing winter night, sharing the brokenness of a shattered heart.

I watched as the snow kept falling, and held her until she felt safe enough to let go.