Glimpse of Unrequited Love

You had a deep affection for Hanni since the first time you met her.

You liked the way she laughed, the way she seemed so carefree, and the way her eyes sparkled when she talked about the things that excited her.

Despite the natural connection you felt with Hanni, she never seemed to reciprocate your feelings.

You kept your feelings a secret, but it didn't stop you from wanting her any less.

It was a subject you broached with your close friends many times, but they all had the same advice: You needed to move forward and focus on yourself.

You're starting to finally listen to your friends advice when one day you ran into Hanni on the street.

"Hi Hanni, it's been a while since we've seen each other." you said as you waved your  hands.

"Hey Y/n. Yeah, I've been really busy with work. How are you?"

"I'm doing alright. I guess you could say I'm focusing on myself and exploring what's out there."

"That's great. You should definitely do what makes you happy." Hanni said.

You smiled. You always wanted to tell Hanni how you really felt, but you knew it wouldn't make a difference. So, you just said goodbye and walked away.

For months you tried to forget about her and focus on other things, but you feelings for her remained.

One day you decided you needed closure and you went to see her one last time.

"Hi, Hanni. I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Not at all. I'm glad you stopped by. What's up?"

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for whatever I may have done to make you feel like I didn't care. I never meant to hurt you and if I did it was unintentional. I want you to know that I still care about you even if you don't feel the same way." Your're in the verge of tears but you hid it.

"Thank you for being honest. I appreciate it more than you know. I'm sorry if I made you feel like I didn't reciprocate your feelings as well. I just wasn't ready for a relationship right now, but we can still be friends. What do you think?" Hanni said

You smiled. You were relieved to finally get some closure, and you are also happy to know that Hanni still wanted to be your friend.

"That sounds great. I would like that a lot. Thank you, Hanni."

Since then, you and Hanni have remained close friends. Despite the fact that your feelings for her weren't reciprocated, you are thankful for the connection and the friendship you had.

You're happy to have at least gotten some closure from the situation, and you are grateful for everything it taught you.