14 | Whore

The next morning I woke up with an agonizing headache. Before I had a chance to gather myself, a relentless banging on my door pierced the quiet of my room.

"Come in," I grumbled, my irritation brewing as I sat up. Scar entered, holding two pills and a glass of water in his hand.

"Did you have to bang on my door so loudly?" I snapped, feeling my annoyance escalate.

He took a moment to assess my disheveled appearance before speaking. "You look like death."

"That's not a very nice thing to say to a lady," I retorted, unimpressed.

"I merely speak the truth," he responded, his tone unapologetic.

I rolled my eyes at his response before I muttered, "Well, I certainly feel like death."

Stopping by my bedside, Scar handed me the pills and the glass of water. "It should help with the hangover you undoubtedly have," he stated matter-of-factly.

I hastily swallowed the pills, desperately hoping for relief to come swiftly. I drank the cold water, feeling it soothe my parched throat.

Looking at Scar, curiosity got the best of me. "How did you know I had a hangover?" I asked.

"Hunter informed me about last night. Apparently, the two of you had quite some fun," he replied, a hint of amusement coloring his voice.

Memories of the previous night flooded my mind, and I released a frustrated sigh. "I can't believe I acted that way," I confessed, embarrassment washing over me as I buried my face in my hands.

"If I had known you were so enjoyable to be around, I would have stayed last night as well," he remarked, a chuckle escaping his lips.

"Maybe next time, Scar," I muttered, rising from the bed. "By the way, how is Hunter doing?" I asked.

"He's...fine," Scar replied hesitantly, though I could sense he was hiding something.

"Why did you say it like that?" I pressed, as I furrowed my brows.

"He's fine, don't worry. He and the boss simply had a small disagreement last night, after you went upstairs," Scar explained.

"Please tell me that Hunter's still in one piece," I pleaded, genuine concern lacing my words.

Scar chuckled lightly. "He's alive and well, don't worry."

I nodded, contemplating my next question. "Is Xavier mad at me?" I finally asked.

"I didn't know you cared so much," Scar remarked as he crossed his arms, causing his shirt to strain against his bulging muscles.

"I don't care," I retorted, my tone firm. "I simply want to prepare myself for whichever version of him I'll be facing today."

Sympathy filled Scar's gaze as he met my eyes. "He's mad, but he'll get over it," he assured me.

"Great," I muttered under my breath.

"If you're hungry, breakfast is ready. I'll be heading out now," Scar informed me, making his way toward the door.

"Thank you for the pills and water," I expressed my gratitude.

With a nod of his head, Scar exited the room, closing the door behind him.

I made my way to the closet, grabbing a pair of underwear and a bra. With them in hand, I proceeded to the bathroom, where I took a quick shower and completed my skincare routine.

As I stepped out of the bathroom, I caught sight of my reflection in the full-length mirror. My gaze descended to my legs, wrapped in bandages.

Crouching down, I carefully removed the bandages, exposing the nearly healed skin beneath.