12 | Library

I made my way to my room, conveniently located across from Xavier's, and closed the door behind me. Heading towards the bathroom, I quickly got undressed before stepping into the shower.

I loved the feeling of the hot water running down my body, comforting and relaxing me. Looking down, I saw the dirt from last night washing away and going down the drain.

After lathering my hair with shampoo and cleaning my body, I stepped out of the shower feeling refreshed. I grabbed a towel from the rack and quickly dried myself off.

Entering my room, I made my way towards the closet to choose an outfit for the day. Opting for a comfortable look, I put on a pair of pajama shorts that stopped just below my ass and a simple white tank top. I added a pair of white socks and slipped into some sneakers.

Leaving the closet, I caught a whiff of something deliciously sweet, making my stomach grumble in hunger. It dawned on me that I hadn't eaten in two days.

I quickly glanced at myself in the mirror, satisfied with my appearance, and then headed towards the kitchen.

Not familiar with the kitchen's layout, I followed the noise of pots and pans banging together, accompanied by occasional frustrated words.

I opened the door and stepped into the kitchen, where I found Hunter standing in front of the stove, trying his best to cook something.

Walking across the kitchen, I stopped once I was standing beside him, next to the stove. "What are you making?" I asked.

Startled, Hunter jumped slightly, his hand instinctively reaching for his heart. "Geez, Layla, at least make some noise when you enter a room," he remarked, a touch of annoyance in his voice.

I chuckled playfully, enjoying the reaction. "Did I scare you, Hunter?" I teased, gazing into his eyes.

He rolled his eyes, trying to brush off my playful remark, and refocused his attention on the stove.

"I'm making pancakes, do you want some?" Hunter asked, a warm invitation in his voice.

"Yes, please. I'm absolutely starving," I eagerly responded.

Hunter nodded affirmatively. "They'll be ready in just a few minutes. Take a seat," he instructed.

I turned around and made my way to the centrally placed island table in the kitchen. Taking a seat on one of the stool chairs, I gazed at the tempting array of toppings adorning the island. There were strawberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, Nutella, whipped cream, syrup, and more.

My attention was drawn back to Hunter as he placed a stack of pancakes in front of me. The mouthwatering aroma wafted towards me, making my anticipation grow.

"Thank you," I expressed sincerely.

"You're welcome. Now dig in," he replied, stuffing a generous piece of pancake into his own mouth.

Reaching for the syrup, I drizzled it over my pancakes. Cutting a piece, I brought it to my mouth, savoring the flavor as I chewed.

"Mmm..." I couldn't help but moan with pleasure.

Hunter, amused by my reaction, quipped, "That good, huh?"

"So good," I affirmed, a playful glint in my eyes. "I'll be expecting these pancakes every morning from now on," I added jokingly.

"That's going to cost you, baby," he teased, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips.

"Don't even think about it. It's not happening," I retorted, rolling my eyes in response.