15 | Monster

After spending half an hour alone outside, I finally stood up from my seat and walked back into the house, making my way to the kitchen.

In desperate need of something to calm my nerves after being forced to watch that horrific fight, I grabbed a bottle of vodka and took a long, deep sip straight from the bottle. Placing the bottle back on the counter, I ascended the stairs to my room.

I wiped my tears with the sleeve of my shirt as I walked over to my bed and settled down, taking a moment to close my eyes.

The haunting images of blood splattering everywhere replayed relentlessly in my mind.

The intense hunger I witnessed in Hunter's eyes as he punched Axton, over and over again, remained etched in my memory.

Eventually, Axton had to be carried out of the ring with the help of five guys. I didn't find out if he was alive or dead after that fight.

But judging by his appearance, I was leaning more towards the idea that he was dead.

I slowly opened my eyes, inhaling a deep breath to calm my racing thoughts.

Inhale.

Exhale.

And repeat.

This seemed to always help me.

I removed my clothes and slipped into my bed, pulling the covers over my body. Tears welled up in my eyes, trickling down my cheeks and dampening the pillow beneath me.

The only thing that would bring me happiness again was returning home.

I wanted to return to the familiarity of my own home. I wanted things to go back to normal, even if it was just for a little while. And more than anything, I wanted to be with Olivia, to find comfort in her company and feel safe again.

Olivia.

The thought of Olivia brought more tears streaming down my face. I hadn't talked to her since the night at the club, and I couldn't help but wonder if she was safe. She must be so worried by now.

I missed her so much.

The door to my room creaked open, and I instinctively shut my eyes, pretending to be asleep. My heart quickened with anticipation as I heard the soft footsteps enter my room and come to a halt.

Time seemed to stretch as they lingered, but eventually, I heard their footsteps retreating, accompanied by the soft closing of the door.

I opened my eyes and glanced at the closed door, wondering who it was. Taking deep breaths, I gradually calmed my racing heart once again.

Once my heartbeat had returned to normal, I closed my eyes and forced myself to sleep.

I came down the stairs, Olivia following closely behind me, as we made our way into the living room. "What are you craving for dinner? We can order something if you want?" I asked Olivia, as we continued our way to the kitchen.

"Maybe some pizza?" she suggested.

"Pizza sounds —"I began to respond, but our conversation was abruptly interrupted by shouting coming from the backyard.

My heart raced as I hurried to the nearest window to see what was happening. There, before my eyes, I witnessed Jason mercilessly punching an unconscious man.

He relentlessly continued his assault, showing no signs of stopping anytime soon. I sprinted towards the back door and flung it open. "Jason, stop!" I shouted, my voice filled with desperation.