17 | Ocean

I returned to my room and glanced at the clock—it read 6:25 p.m.

I still had enough time to get ready.

Heading towards my closet, I carefully selected a matching set of delicately laced underwear and bra. The fabric felt just right against my skin.

Making my way to the bathroom, I turned on the shower, allowing the water to warm up. I
undressed and stepped in, feeling my body adjust to the water's temperature.

Taking my time, I shampooed and conditioned my hair, relishing in the soothing sensation of the water running down my back.

Closing my eyes, I took a few deep breaths, finding solace in the tranquility the water provided.

There was something about it that brought a sense of serenity and peace over me.

Sometimes.

"Jason, stop being so boring. Let's go in the water," I said while pointing towards the sparkling ocean.

He nodded and stood up, shaking off any sand from his swimming trunks. "Let's go," he replied, making his way towards the ocean.

We finally reached the ocean, and I felt the chilly water brush against my legs. "The water is freezing," I remarked. "But it feels refreshing."

Jason turned to me with a mischievous grin. "Let's play a game," he suggested.

I raised an eyebrow. "What kind of game?" I asked, curious about his proposal.

He explained the rules with excitement in his eyes. "We each get to dare each other to do something, and we have to do it, no backing out."

I nodded, a smile forming on my lips. "Alright," I agreed, a playful glint in my eyes, "let the dares begin."

"I'll start," Jason said, pausing for a moment to contemplate his dare. Finally, he spoke again, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "I dare you to dive into the ocean."

I looked at the ocean. "It's freezing though," I said, soon regretting agreeing to play this game.

"You have to do it," he insisted. There was determination in his voice. "I'll count down from three."

"Three..."

"Two..."

"And one!" Jason exclaimed.

Without hesitation, I sprinted toward the water's edge and leaped into the icy embrace. As the frigid water enveloped me, a surge of adrenaline coursed through my veins.

Just as I was about to resurface, I felt a pair of hands forcefully keeping my head underwater.

I frantically fought against the firm hold of the person gripping my head, desperately trying to break free. Their strength was overpowering, and I could feel my energy decrease.

Seconds stretched into what felt like an eternity as I struggled for air beneath the suffocating weight of the water. Each passing moment intensified the panic welling up inside me, as if time had slowed down.

I was on the brink of losing consciousness when the person holding me underwater finally let go.

Gasping for air, I broke through the surface, my lungs greedily inhaling the oxygen. Relief washed over me as I filled my chest with a deep, satisfying breath.

Once the dizziness subsided and my vision cleared, I turned to find Jason floating beside me in the ocean, an unsettling calmness in his demeanor.