24 | Innocent

Reminder: Scar's real name is Liam. Scar is the nickname Layla gave to Liam.

Xavier's POV

I knew I shouldn't have killed John, but if I'm being honest, I didn't give a single fuck about his life.

That's why it was so easy to take it away.

However, it's been a damn week since that whole mess, and Layla's been going out of her way to avoid me.

She's got Liam bringing her food up to her room. She practically runs away whenever she sees me approaching. And not a single word has been exchanged between us in a whole week.

And for some reason it was starting to get on my fucking nerves.

Why the fuck did she even care about John? She didn't know the guy.

I hopped out of the shower, threw on some sweatpants and sneakers, and made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

I walked in, catching Hunter and Liam in the middle of a conversation. Their eyes meet mine. "Morning, boss," Hunter said with a nod.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Liam shouted a second later.

I glanced at him, showing no emotion on my face.

Ignoring his question, I walked past them and headed for the fridge. Grabbing a bottle of water, I joined them at the stools.

"What did I do now?" I asked casually, meeting Liam's gaze with indifference.

His eyes bore into mine, demanding an answer. "Why would you kill someone in front of her?"

"For fun." I replied nonchalantly.

"You can't be fucking serious." He was clearly annoyed.

I let out a frustrated breath. "To show her that she can't do whatever the fuck she wants."

"And that's why Layla is fucking ignoring you," Liam said.

His mention of Layla's name fueled my anger. "I don't give a fuck if she's ignoring me. I don't give a single fuck if she hates me," I retorted, my voice filled with suppressed rage.

He opened his mouth to respond, but I continued."If I had the chance to change my reaction, I'd still kill John in front of her."

My grip on the water bottle tightened.

"The only thing I would've changed was putting two bullets through his head instead of one," I added.

Liam rose from his seat, heading for the door. He glanced back at me. "Well, you got what you wanted, she hates you," he stated before exiting the kitchen.

I grabbed the knife from the counter and threw it at the door, the blade embedding itself firmly into the wood.

Rage surged within me, causing my chest to rise and fall rapidly as my eyes remained fixed on the knife.

"You should've let her come to the party with me," Hunter remarked, trying to lighten the mood.

I shot him a glare, my eyes narrowed. "Where is she?"

"I'm not too sure, haven't seen her today," he replied. "Try the library, she's been spending most of her days there."

I strolled out of the kitchen, heading straight for the library. Pushing the door open, I entered the room to find Layla sitting on the couch, engrossed in a book.

However, as soon as she sensed my presence, her gaze locked onto me. She quickly shut the book and stood up from the couch, getting ready to leave.

"Sit the fuck down."