Policy

I watched as a woman came off the elevator and made a beeline for my boss' office. She yanked on the door handle and was shocked and more angry to find it locked. She pulled on the door harder, I just watched her humiliate herself and sipped on my coffee.

"Ugh! You can't keep me out Xavier Knight!" She screeched kind of like a tire does. I smiled a little at my joke and her head snapped towards me. I'm surprised it didn't snap.

"Can you open these doors?" She stepped closer to me, I leaned back in my chair and sighed.

"No, I can not open the office doors ma'am." I had to fight the urge to hold up my keys and say 'You wish you had these!'

"I need to see Xavier!" She was giving off the vibe of talk to me wrong and you'll suffer a high heel to the head.

"He's out of the office. You are welcome to make an appointment." I sipped on my coffee and watched the woman stamp her foot and grumble. She was throwing a tantrum and this was my entertainment for the day.

"When will he be back?" She crossed her arms and I swear her eyes narrowed like a cat's do. I glanced over at my computer screen and shrugged.

"I don't know how long his meeting is supposed to last." I finished my coffee and set it down on my desk and watched the woman mumble to herself and pace in front of the office door. At one point she started walking in a circle and I considered calling an exorcist.

"That meeting was definitely longer than I planned." I stood up and saw my boss.

"Sir this woman wishes to see you, she's been here for an hour or so." I watched him sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose. "She's in the restroom and will be out any minute." I started to sink back in my chair and started to type away at my keyboard.

"Please call security up here to have her removed." His voice had gone deep and a little intimidating.

"Sir?" I raised an eyebrow and he came behind my desk and leaned closer to me.

"Please, Olive." He said in a hushed voice, his green eyes were pleading and his dark hair was out of place as he ran a hand through it. Then, the sound of heels clicking against the floor made me and Xavier both look up and I saw the woman flip her blonde hair and put on some fresh red lipstick.

"I apologize for what's about to happen next." He whispered in my ear.

"Xavier where have you-" The woman rushed towards him and suddenly his lips were on mine. So many things ran through my mind, so many problems, questions, then my brain went silent and I focused on the warmth I was suddenly wrapped in.

"Xav-" My eyes fluttered open. At that moment security flooded the floor and took the woman away. My face felt hot and I hadn't noticed I was gripping Xavier's arm.

"Are you okay?" He knelt down in front of me.

"That was my first....kiss." I mumbled. I covered my face with my hands and I felt him pull me into his chest. Then my thoughts suddenly made sense and I pushed on his chest and looked into his eyes.

"That was against work policy and if I go against policy I'll end up fired and..." I started to rant and mumble.

"Fuck the policy." He kissed me again, interrupting me and once again leaving me speechless.