Alleyways

I stumbled down the alleyway cursing my heels as I tried to keep walking in a straight line. I normally walked this way when the sun was still out because it was a faster way to get home. Well the sun was not out, and I had the feeling something was about to happen.

BANG!

A gunshot went off and everything in my body froze. A chill went up my spine and I froze in place. After a few moments of checking myself out to make sure I wasn't dying I looked around and saw the glint of something silver in a tucked away section of the alleyway. It was just a small other like half alleyway. I don't know how to explain it. I'm just trying to stay alive and get home.

Either way someone just died in there and I prayed that I wasn't next. I hid against the wall and squeezed my eyes shut, if I can't see them they can't see me. I hugged the wall and crouched down to the ground and stayed as still. Silence hung in the air and it was starting to become suffocating. The fear that was coursing through my body was suddenly strangling me.

I couldn't breathe. I clenched my fist and dug my nails into my palm and looked toward in front of me and saw the end of the alleyway so close and yet so far. I bit my lip and slowly rose to my feet. I decided if I kept my head down and just walked by nothing would happen. Well, that would've worked if a tall, murderous, wall hadn't walked around the corner and made me run into him.

I rose my head so slowly it felt like lifetimes before I met the glaring maroon eyes staring down at me, most likely into my soul.

"I- I- I was just passing by." I managed to choke out and felt bile in my throat. I couldn't look away from his eyes. I couldn't move my feet.

"Passing by? In a dark alleyway? Alone? At night?" He scoffed and folded his arms.

"I always walk down this way." I gripped my purse, "It's a shortcut." I added. I looked down at the ground and felt a hand tip my head back up.

"You didn't happen to hear a gunshot did you?" His voice is low and dark. Kind of sexy if I wasn't probably about to die.

"No..." I didn't even convince myself when it left my lips.

"You sure?" He asked. The look in his eye was between curious and deadly.

"What would happen if I said yes?" I asked. I should really take dangerous situations more seriously. I was pushed against the brick wall and trapped in between the wall, his body and his arms caged me in on both sides.

"Did you see anything?" He leaned in closer and I gulped.

"Okay, okay." I took a deep breath, then I noticed his hard stare again and I covered my face and just blurted out everything, "I only heard the shot, I didn't see anything. Please don't kill me. I make good chocolate chip cookies." I felt my cheeks warm, but when in doubt use cookies. I heard him chuckle and I peeked at him through my fingers.

"I won't kill you, it would be a shame to rid the world of something so beautiful, and quite adorable." He said. Would it make sense if I said his voice reminded me of dark chocolate? I didn't say anything, I was just called beautiful and adorable by a murderer.

"I- uhm...I should..." Get going? Leave? I racked my brain for words and nothing came to mind. He kissed my forehead and in the process he pressed his toned body against mine. I squeezed my eyes shut as my face became hot.

"I'll see you soon, beautiful." He whispered in my ear then I felt the heat from his body disappear. I opened my eyes and I was once again alone in the alleyway, I pushed off the brick wall and started to walk home again. I could feel something watching me as I walked back to my apartment. A giddy but dangerous feeling filled my body.

Risky. I like it. Or I'm more stupid than I thought.