Surprises & Books

I was walking around the bookstore while my husband went to pick up something. When I asked what it was he said it was a surprise and kissed my temple before leaving in a hurry. I sighed and looked at the books in my arms. I was tempted to take another one but they were hardcovers ...but my husband had said I could as many as I wanted. I bit my lip and looked at the book on the shelf and the few in my arms.

"Is that all, love?" I looked up at Xander and he was holding a few clothing bags. The bags were black though, so of course I couldn't see what he had gotten.

"I guess." I said and he raised an eyebrow before walking off somewhere. I stared at the book on the shelf and thought about it again.

"Love?" I turned and Xander was holding a basket. Quite a large basket, I took it and then I looked up at him and he was giving me one of his smirks.

"Oh great." I mumbled. I waited for his great plan he had come up with.

"We aren't leaving until you fill that basket with all the books you want." He chuckled a little and my jaw went slack.

"Xander I can't possibly..." Some part of me wanted to run off and grab every book and another part of me felt a little guilty for having him spend so much money already.

"Love...you're my wife and whatever you want you get. It's that simple." He kissed my forehead.

"I know but I just...don't want you to spend so much money on me." I kind of whispered the last part. Xander tilted my chin up so I could look up at him.

"I love you, and I want to spend money on you." He smashed his lips onto mine and the basket almost slipped out of my hand.

"Okay." I said breathless.

"Don't worry I won't be going broke anytime soon." He smiled and I hit his chest. He chuckled and grabbed my hand before kissing my knuckle. I rolled my eyes a little and grabbed his hand. I walked around the bookstore and after some time I filled the basket and it was weighing down my arm. I struggled to pick it up after I had set it on the ground to get a book on the bottom shelf.

"I've got it, love." Xander reached for the basket and I smacked his hand away. He looked shocked for a moment.

"I'll let you carry the basket if you tell me what's in the bags." I folded my arms.

"That's a surprise." He kissed my cheek and stood up and started walking away. I looked down at the ground and noticed he had taken the basket with him. I sighed and caught up to him and after some reluctance he handed me the clothing bags and I took his now free hand.

"I love you." I leaned my head against his arm and he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you more."