Scars

I sat on the bed and felt her soft fingertips trace along my bare back. I felt exposed, vulnerable to her touch, I had never let anyone touch my scars or even see them. Afraid that she would think of me as broken or...or a monster. I flinched when she touched the back of my neck and she stopped for a moment. Her fingers left my back and were replaced by soft kisses. I sucked in a breath.

"Love?" My voice was shaky.

"Do you want me to stop?" She asked quietly.

"N-no." I said. She returned to kissing certain parts on my back where I had once only felt searing pain. Now I felt her soft love healing every part of me that was torn open.

"I'm so sorry..." She traced my back and I turned around to face her.

"It's not your fault." I grabbed her hand and ran my thumb over her knuckles. She rubbed my cheek and pulled my face closer.

"I love you so much." She had a small sad smile on her face and she kissed my forehead.

"I love you too," I grabbed her face and kissed her hard, afraid to let go. "Please, don't let go." I whispered. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me close.

"I won't." She ran her fingers through my hair as she held me against her chest. I slowly laid down in her arms, safe. I was safe. I wasn't....I wasn't alone anymore.