Shopping

I looked at bags, purses, jewelry, dresses, coats, I had been to several different stores and still hadn't gotten anything. I looked over at him, I bit my lip. He had said I could get anything, and I was in another store full of things I could ever imagine. From royal gowns to fancy dress coats and hats. I was stuck on a particular green dress but when I flipped over the price tag I felt my own soul pass away.

I glanced over at my husband who was busy talking on the phone. I quickly turned away from the dress. I had probably touched a little bit of everything in every store we visited but I instantly snatched my hand back when I realized how expensive it is. I should probably have to pay just to lay my finger on it.

"Did they make it from solid gold?" I asked, appalled by the coat's tag. I sighed and Zack kissed the top of my head.

"Find anything?" He asked. I shook my head, we had been at this for hours, and I still didn't find anything within a reasonable price range.

"I think I'm ready to go home." I said, exhausted, defeated, probably feeling more broke than I was.

"How about we stop at that drink place you love and then head back?" He offered me his hand and I nodded before taking his hand.

"Okay." I agreed. We walked out of the store leaving my soul behind with those price tags that would make my own grandma have a heart attack.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sipped on my drink as he drove with his hand on my thigh. I looked out the window and watched as the city seemed to zip by and soon we were pulling into the garage. I unbuckled and he opened my door and helped me out of the car.

"What do you want to do for your birthday?" He asked out of the blue as he opened the door to the house.

"My birthday is weeks away." I said, kind of in a sarcastic tone.

"I know, but what do you want to do?" He asked and sat me down on the bench to take off my shoes.

"Well last year you took me to Rome..." I sipped on my drink, "How about Greece?" I kind of said it as a joke.

"Okay." He sounded dead serious.

"No wait." I grabbed his arm, "I actually just want to stay home this year...with you." I think I whispered the last part.

"Whatever you want, my love." He kissed my forehead and placed his hand on the small of my back and led me into the living room. Bags and boxes basically took up the living room now, there had to be hundreds.

"When did you..." I was at a loss for words. I opened one of the boxes and it was the green dress I had loved. I searched through a bag and it was a bag.

"Well, my love, I noticed you only touched and checked price tags on things you loved." He chuckled and he moved a few bags off the couch so I could sit down.

"You always spoil me." I shook my head and opened another bag, it had several ring and bracelet boxes inside.

"You're my wife, it's my job to spoil you." He kissed my temple and pulled a large box out of his pocket, he opened it and inside was a simple silver necklace but it had my initial on it.

"It's beautiful." I ran my finger along the small letter.

"Do you want it on?" He asked. I nodded and he smiled. I felt the cool metal wrap loosely around my neck. "I had it custom made, because I know how much you love simple silver jewelry." He kissed the top of my head and I stood up from the couch and hugged him.

"Thank you." I looked up at him, "I love you." I said. He leaned down and kissed me.

"I love you more." He chuckled. "I can't wait for your birthday." He held the back of my head with his hand and I shook my head.