Night Club

Music is blasting and lights are flashing overhead. I run my finger over the rim of my glass and sigh. I can basically feel his eyes staring directly into my side. As long as I don't turn my head he won't see me....too late. I glance over at him in the corner of my eye and he smirks like he's won some game. He sips on his nasty whiskey drink and I take another shot. Whiskey always had this weird taste to me, I preferred vodka or tequila. I also did like my fruity drink every once in a while too.

I stared down at my now empty shot glass. I felt my stomach swirl and I hung my head. I was sad, because I married someone who probably just thinks of me as a sex outlet. I was angry that I let myself be treated that way. Then again I was doing this for my sister, I saved her from this marriage. I was laughed at as I walked down the aisle, the scar over my eye that was caused by my younger sister.

I let out a sad laugh. Then the tears started to flow down my face and I covered my face with one hand. Mom was right, no matter how much you drink, no matter how much you try to distract yourself, the hole inside you grows wider and wider every day.

"I'll pay for it." I heard his deep voice say. I didn't have it in me to argue. I felt him wrap his arms around me and one hand held my head against his shoulder.

"I'm sorry I'm not the perfect wife, I'm trying." I sniffled and he let go and backed away. I saw his gray eyes that normally look empty but now they were soft and almost loving.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." He wiped at my tears. I still felt more tears slip down my face.

"I'm not just a sex toy?" I looked into his eyes and something like sadness took over his face.

"No, no, no." He kissed my forehead. "You're so much more than that." He held me again. I shivered a little and buried my face in his chest.

"What about my eye? You don't think it's ugly?" I asked through sniffles. Normally I wouldn't break down and act like a child but alcohol had mostly taken over. I also felt like I was 19 again, crying alone in my room holding bandages to my eye as I was scolded and my younger sister was praised.

"I love every part of you, love." He leaned away from me again and brushed at a few more tears. He tucked some hair behind my ear. "Your scar makes you look even more fierce, you're the bravest woman I've ever known." He gave me a small smile and I just nodded. I closed my eyes and felt him place a soft kiss on my left eye, the one with the scar.

"I'm cold." I sniffled. He wrapped his arms around me and chuckled. It made his chest vibrate, and I leaned into him and felt my body relax.

"Okay, let's get you home then." He said. He took off his black suit jacket and wrapped it around my body. It was nice and warm, it also smelled like him. He rolled up his button up sleeves past his elbows and in the dim colored lights I could see his tattoos. I started to trace my finger along his forearm, and over his hand.

"I love your tattoos." I said quietly. He kissed my forehead.

"You're adorable when you're drunk." He picked me up bridal style and held me against his chest. I noticed the tattoos peeking out of his shirt collar, I saw a scar that curved from his neck and toward his back before it disappeared under his shirt.

"Luke?" He stepped outside and the cold air made me shiver.

"Yes, love?" The car came into view.

"The scar...on your neck," I watched his body tense, "sorry, I didn't mean to..." I trailed off and he placed me on the ground in front of the black car's passenger door. He opened it and helped me inside. Then closed the door. I waited for him to get in and fumbled with my fingers and bit my lip. He got in the car and I heard his seatbelt click but I didn't dare look up.

"I have many scars, love. The one on my neck is one of many I have on my back." He placed his hand on my bare thigh and gave it a soft squeeze.

"Can I see them?" I asked. He looked over at me and I noticed he looked relieved but scared at the same time.

"Maybe another night." Luke said and took his hand off my thigh to start the car but he soon put it back for the rest of the drive. Another night...I watched as the city rushed by and I leaned my head back before falling asleep.....another night.