Kidnapped

I paced around the room, I had been taken off the side of the street, placed in a limo and taken to some mansion in the middle of nowhere, my room had a balcony and I could go out there and see the faint city lights that were very very far in the distance. I could smell the ocean but I couldn't see it. Someone knocked on my door and I stood on the other side of the bed and an abundance of maids came into my room.

"Who- who are you?" I asked. They placed a large box on my bed and stood in a single file line.

"Master Wilde has asked you to have dinner with him." One of the...ten maids said. I crossed my arms and turned my back on them.

"I refuse to have dinner with a man who kidnapped me and locked me away in this room." I huffed.

"Miss...your room door has been unlocked the entire time you've been here." Someone piped up. I turned around and felt shame heat my face.

"What's his first name?" I asked.

"Killian Wilde at your service." I looked to see a man with his sleeves rolled past his elbows. He had these maroon eyes and dark hair hung over his forehead. He was leaning in the doorway with his arms crossed. He had a smirk on his face.

"Why did you kidnap me?" I asked, trying not to seem demanding.

"That's simple. I think you're beautiful." He said. "I also believe in love at first sight." He stepped forward and the maids quickly left the room.

"That's your reason?" I scoffed. I turned back around and faced the wall. There was silence for a few moments and I felt his arm wrap around my waist and pull me back into his chest.

"Tell me, do you believe in love, darling?" He asked, his voice was addicting to listen to, "You read all those books..." He trailed off and my cheeks became warm again.

"So you've been stalking me too?" I flipped around. He shrugged.

"I would call it watching my future wife do things she enjoys." He smirked. I felt my stomach flip and my heart flutter but at the same time my brain screamed stranger danger.

"I only know your name, and you're a stalker, you also kidnap women you fall in love with." I poked his chest and he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him. His head dipped low and our lips were barely touching.

"Tell me, darling, how would you feel if you're the only woman in the world who has captured my attention?" He asked. I think I forgot how to breathe.

"I- I-" Words failed me and he looked into my eyes. They were so captivating, so tempting.

"May I?" He was looking at me for permission. My brain said no but my lips said yes. He leaned all the way in and held my waist and the back of my head as he kissed me. Deeply. Hard yet soft. Eager yet patient. I felt warm, excited, scared, nervous. Bubbling with emotion. I felt myself giggle, and he smiled against my lips. He leaned back and we stood there for a moment.

"Will you rethink my dinner invitation?" He asked. I nodded in response and he kissed my forehead before leaving my room. Leaving me breathless, speechless, and so many other things. I looked at the box on my bed and lifted the top off. A soft dark green dress lay folded in the box. The ten maids came back into my room and I looked at them.

"I'll accept his dinner invitation." I said. They nodded and giggled and helped me into the dress, they let my dark brown hair fall down my back in soft curls. I looked into the mirror and someone I'd forgotten about looked back at me in the mirror. A bright hazel eyed, dark haired woman who had a bright smile and a beating heart that was whole.

"You're ready miss." The maids all bowed their heads and I opened my room door and he was standing there in a black suit with a red tie, he ran a hand through his hair before offering me his hand.

"You look even more beautiful." He smiled, "I think I just fell more in love with you." He chuckled and kissed my head.

"You're rather handsome." I said and I think both of our faces were slightly pink.

"How about some dinner, darling?" He asked and offered me his arm.

"That sounds amazing." I smiled and took his arm. Probably sealing my fate to him forever, but I think I could get over the whole kidnapping thing, especially after he led me past the library.