Green Rings

I don't remember seeing a woman so happy just to be standing next to me. I haven't felt so happy and comfortable in a long time. Having her was my purpose in life. Holding her and making sure her smile never left her face. Making sure she knew how much I loved her, that was the whole reason I was breathing. She was my reason for my heart beating.

"Cole?" I snapped out of my daze and looked at her, her hazel eyes sparkled in the sun and her long brown hair had been tied into a messy bun on top of her head. Some hair framed her face and she smiled at me and her dimples appeared. She was also laying on top of me.

"Yes, darling?" I brushed her cheek with my thumb and she stood up and held out her hand.

"Will you come into the water with me?" She asked, her voice was all happy. I knew she loved the beach so I had planned a vacation without her knowledge of course on a private beach so it was just us. She was wearing the soft green bikini I had got her, it matched her eyes and she loved that certain shade of green.

"Of course, darling." I stood up and took her hand. How could I say no to the love of my life? We waded out into the water when she yelped and scrambled into my arms. I held her close and kissed her cheek.

"What happened?" I felt like worry had wrapped around my heart and was strangling me.

"I stepped on something slimy." She clung to my neck and I couldn't help but laugh. She glared at me but then her sweet laughter filled my ears.

"Oh I love you Olive." I kissed her and picked her up so I was holding her bridal style and walked along the bottom holding her so she wouldn't step in something again.

"I love you too." She kissed my cheek and buried her head in my neck. I leaned my head on top of hers, like I said she was my whole world, the reason my heart is beating. She's all mine. Especially when we get back to the beach and the sun sets...I hope she likes the ring. I got a green stone I knew she would like.

"Olive?" I looked down at her, her eyes were half closed. She fell asleep? I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Hmm?" She snuggled into my chest and I walked back to the beach and the spot where we had laid out towels.

"Darling, can you stand for me?" She nodded and stumbled a little when I set her down so I wrapped my arm around her waist.

"When are we heading back to the hotel room?" She rubbed her eyes and looked out over the water, I watched as the sun slowly edged toward the water and the sky was filled with color. Red, orange, and pink.

"It's so pretty." Her eyes widened, I took the moment when she was distracted and found the ring in the beach bag and knelt down on one knee. She stared at the sky for a moment and I just watched her. Her sparkling eyes, her beautiful features, everything about her...I loved every part of her.

"Olive?" She turned to me and she saw me first then the ring. She covered her mouth and tears welled in her eyes.

"Cole?" Her voice broke and she started to cry.

"Olive, darling, will you marry me?" I watched as she nodded her head several times.

"Yes." She sniffled and I put the ring on her finger. I stood up and she crashed into my chest. I held her.

"I love you Olive." I kissed the top of her head and she sniffled and hiccuped at one point.

"I love you too, Cole." She buried her head in my chest and I watched as the sun dipped below the horizon and the sky started to twinkle with stars. I looked down at her and her eyes reflected the starry sky.

"You're the most beautiful woman I have ever met." I dipped my head down and I felt our lips crash together. I decided that this was how I was going to spend the rest of my life, I want to spend every living and breathing moment with her.

"You got a green stone?" She looked down at the ring and I took her hand and ran my thumb over my knuckles.

"You love the color green." I smiled and she wiped her eyes and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I love you so much." She said, I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist.

"I love you too, now you ready to go back to the room, darling?" I asked. She nodded and kissed my forehead. Then her stomach rumbled.

"First can we get some food?" She was smiling and my heart felt like it was about to burst.

"Yes, darling, we can get some food." I kissed her cheek and packed away all our stuff before carrying the bag and her back to the hotel. I don't think I've ever felt this happy except for the day when she first came into my life. Smiling and lighting up the room and my life at the same time. I plan to do the same for her and make sure she knows how much I love her, every day for the rest of my life.