Meetings

I wrung my hands and hesitated. It wasn't like I needed to bother him. I should've just stayed home. Another tear ran down my cheek. I ran my hands through my hair and sat down in a chair outside the conference room. I wrung my hands again and bit my lip. I didn't need him and he was busy. I repeated the same sentence over and over. Tears welled in my eyes and started to trickle down my cheeks.

I hesitated again in front of the conference room door. I didn't want to disrupt anything and I definitely didn't want anyone staring at me. I wiped at my face and reached for the door handle. As soon as it clicked I knew I couldn't go back. I stepped into the room.

First my husband rose and flicked his eyes around the room.

"Get out." His voice was cold and demanding. My heart broke and I turned to leave.

"Sorry." I mumbled and went to exit the room. I was suddenly wrapped in his arms and held close to his warm body.

"No, not you." He kissed my temple. I watched as everyone that had been in the meeting quickly left the room.

"I didn't mean to interrupt. I just..." My voice broke, "I just needed you." I clung to him and buried my face in his chest.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't...I don't...know." I sniffled. I bit my lip and he held the back of my head.

"Ookay, okay, deep breaths." He whispered in my ear. I took shaky breaths before my breathing returned to normal. I leaned back and he wiped away a few stray tears with his thumb.

"That meeting seemed important you should probably-"

"Are you okay now?" He asked. Interrupting me, his eyes filled with worry.

"Yeah." I ran my hands through my hair, "I'm okay." He brought me into a hug.

"The meeting doesn't matter anymore." He kissed the top of my head. "Not when you need me."