In The Shop

"I'll be with you in just a minute." Someone shouted from the garage. I tried to hide my scratched leg.

"Okay." I replied. "Dammit." I muttered under my breath." I can't scare my mom again. Her old heart can't take it again. She'll use her old lady privilege again.

"Are you sure the only thing that needs fixing is your bike?" I look up and see a tattooed muscular man with dark hair and green eyes.

"I just need you to fix up my bike as fast as possible." I say trying not to sound too strained or pushy.

"Okay whatever you say." He stepped closer and quickly wrapped his arm around my waist and moved the bike.

"H...hey!" I shouted out in surprise.

"Darling if I didn't grab you you would've fallen." He sighs as he rolls the bike over to his garage while holding onto me.

"Wh...what?" I grip his shoulder as pain shoots through my leg.

"You were leaning on your bike so heavily I'm surprised you didn't knock it over." He mutters and sets me down on a sofa in his garage.

"Agh." I mumble and wince. He stops and looks at me.

"I'll fix you up and then your bike." He says.

"You really don't need to, I'm fine." I say in between my panting.

"Sure whatever you say darling." He sighs and goes against my wishes anyway. He grabs some gauze and tends to my leg I wince and dig my nails into his sofa.

"I said....you didn't....need" I can barely talk as my leg stings. The deep gash is ugly and I feel guilty.

"What's your name?" He asks me.

"Lily." I say softly. He nods and finished wrapping my leg.

"That's a pretty name." He says quietly. He kisses my knee above the gash on my shin. I feel my cheeks heat.

"What's yours?" I ask quietly. He smirks as he sees my pink cheeks.

"Maddox, darling." He kissed my cheek softly and then walked over to a stand. He pulls a blanket out of a box and hands it to me.

"Tha... thank you but you don't need to do all this." I say quietly.

"Why not?" He chuckles and kisses my forehead before turning away.

"I don't want to waste your time or anything like that." I sit upright too fast and feel a sharp pain in my leg.

"Relax darling, I doubt any moment with you is a waste." He winks and starts to work on my bike. I feel my cheeks grow warm again and I turn my focus to the blanket and rub it in between my fingers.

"Want to tell me why you're hiding your injury." He says after a moment. I keep my eyes on the blanket.

"It's my mom. She's getting older and older. So she worries more and more about me. Making sure I'll be okay when she's gone making sure I'm not doing dangerous things." I take a deep breath it's suddenly getting hard to breathe.

"She always worries about me and the last time I worried her she had a seizure...it was minor...but it was my fault." I gulp down any feelings of crying. Well...I try to.

"It wasn't your fault, darling." He says it so calmingly I feel safe and the feeling of crying dims down a little.

"But..." Im interrupted by his arms wrapping around me.

"I haven't even known you for that long but darling, I have a feeling you wouldn't even hurt a fly." He leans back and smiles a little and wipes at a stray tear trickling down my cheek.

"You're too precious for that." He says reassuringly.

"I...I...thank you." I say and sniffle.

"Now you're going to stay here until you're all healed up and I'll take you to your mom later." He squeezes my hands, "how does that sound?"

I nod my head in response. "O...okay." I manage.

"You're adorable darling." He kisses my cheek and goes back to working on my bike.