Readers & Bikes

The rain poured outside as I stared down at my book the words all blurring together. I shake my head and look up out the window as raindrops stream down endlessly. Headlights pass by in a hurry and suddenly something comes to a sudden stop and I see a figure rush inside.

I stand up immediately as someone barges into my apartment.

"Can I help you?!" It comes out more as a screech.

"Uhm...sorry...I just." The figure pulls off their helmet soaked from the rain and I notice their pants are ripped.

"Are you alright?" I feel myself a little calmed down but still feel adrenaline pumping.

"I...I need some help." He shakes out his dark hair and stumbles.

"H..hey.." I rush and grab him trying to steady him.

"S..sorry I need to lie down." I look at his face his dark green eyes are droopy and his tall stature is not a good match to lean on me for support.

"Oh okay." I guide him to my sofa and lie him down. "H..here let me get you some water." I rush to my kitchen and get some water and hand it to him.

"T....thanks...sorry about...the intrusion." He relaxes and his eyes flutter.

"It's alright just how are you feeling?" I ask and look at his legs. There's a series of scratches along his legs.

"Like I've been through hell." He grumbles.

"Oh." I bite my lip nervously. I have a random guy bleeding on my sofa. I grab some medical supplies. "Can I..." I look at him for permission.

"Trying to strip me down already love?" He chuckles. I feel my cheeks grow hot.

"W..what? N..no!" I scramble to hide my flustered and pink face.

"You're cute with pink cheeks." He smirks and leans back on my sofa. That doesn't help the warmth in my face. I must look like a tomato right now.

"You can bandage yourself if you want." I place the supplies on the coffee table and go to stand.

"Wait." He grabs my wrist, "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable...sorry...I just...I do need help." He looks away almost like he's embarrassed.

"It's okay, it's just...I've never had someone compliment me that way before." I admit and slowly move parts of his pants out of the way to bandage his cuts and scrapes.

"You've never had someone compliment you?" He asks almost like he's surprised.

"Well...I've never had someone say anything about my face. You know? Physical features." I say softly and finish with the bandages.

"I don't believe you." He looks me straight in the eyes. "There's no possible way someone as beautiful as you has never had a compliment about their face."

"I...what?" I ask confused.

"You don't have a boyfriend do you?" He asks and struggles to stand.

"You shouldn't be moving yet." I say worried.

"Don't hate me for this." He says and leans in closer.

"What?" I go to say something else but he interrupts me with a kiss. My eyes widen before they slowly close.

"Sorry love, I couldn't resist." He chuckles and whispers against my cheek. I'm too flustered to speak. My mouth is slightly hanging open I'm still in shock someone as gorgeous as him would kiss...me!

"I...I..." I stumble over all my words and my brain is empty.

"First kiss?" He asks smiling a little and running his fingers through my hair. I can only nod in response.

"You're adorable." He whispers and kisses me again. All I can do is smile a little and feel my stomach flip and my heart flutters and beats at several miles a minute.

"I..." I can't find any words. My cheeks are probably bright red.

"I could do this all day love." He kisses my cheek. I just stare up into his dark green eyes getting lost in them.

"You could?" I ask quietly.

"I definitely could." He smirks and kisses me again.

—————————————————————————

A/N :

Don't ask me how he got into the apartment...maybe he's a magician 🤷‍♀️