All About Money

Jake

Jake

"I know you aren't going to like it, pal. But Doctor Stranger is right. You won't gain anything from bashing the man. You offered him money, he didn't take it. And that is a good thing, Jake."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, leaning against the pool table of Matt's family home. I could not be that wrong about Stormy. He had not become a good person.

"Hey, Jake, look at me. I think you should make peace with this situation as you did with Alison. Do what the Doctor Stranger said and keep him closer. Besides, he is right. You hid everything from Alison not to hurt her because she was sick. Perhaps Stormy is doing the same."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "That is different and you know it, Matt. I didn't pretend I was someone else to her. Against my will, I had to go along with what Alison said. I too wasn't comfortable getting her thrown in a psychic ward."

Matt hit the last black ball on the pool table and scored another point. He had already taken all my money today. My head was not in the game. Matt smirked, pocketing my money.

"I just think it'll be harder now to get over it after you rubbed your money on Stormy's face and he didn't go for it." Matt walked to where I was. "You know, I was surprised when you called me. You've never rubbed your money on anyone before. Not even when we were teenagers."

Matt stared at me. "Has she grown on you? You're too protective of her now. If it was me, I would've given her to her brother since the day he showed up at the house."

I grabbed the pool cue and tried another go on the game to see if I would manage to get at least half of my money back. "I have given little thought to it, Matt, but even if I didn't like her, I wouldn't let anyone take advantage of her. Alison lost everything she had ever known. That isn't right."

Matt leaned on the table and took his shot. "Fuck!! I forgot how much of mister right you are. You talk about your father's good principles. You are worse than him and don't realise."

I could not even hear my father's name. The man was mad at me because Alison's darling brother crashed our Miami trip.

"Let's finish this game, Matt. Alison has returned to her routine and I want to get back before she is asleep."

God knows if Stormy has called her to give his side of the story. It would be best if I get back before she was in bed to know how she was feeling about everything.

Matt leaned his head back and laughed. "Running home to a quick fuck before bedtime. I envy you, buddy."

Clenching my jaw, I said. "I told you not to talk about her in this way!!"

He lifted his hands in surrender and grinned. "Right!! And here you were, denying your feelings for her. Should I use making sweet love from now on?"

I glared at him. "We shouldn't talk about this at all. She isn't my plaything, Matt, and you know it."