Glowing Gold

////
“Ma? Mama?” I tried calling my mother, in attempt to find her in the wooden made mansion. I walked down the wooden hallway that consists of paintings of the old families of my mother's and father's, but for me, their like my ancestors. The paintings that are colored black and white and the way how it portrays the people are inaccurate.

I continued on my way walking up and down searching for my mother, why do you ask? Because I just found the most amazing thing! As I pass by my brother's room, Del Pillar, whose door has two rose plant beside each side. I have no idea why he likes rose so much, like what's so special about it? Its only colored red and has few thorns. Sunflowers seems to have me gotten it's interest, yellow like the sun and it grows big.

“GREGORIO DEL PILLAR!” Full name, I quickly guess that mother must be in Del's room. Firstly, before you enter the room to heaven, you must wait for the angel to calm down then get inside. I sat down infront of the door and listen to mama's lecture.

“Anong sinabi ko sa iyo na huwag na huwag kang tatakas kapag malapit na maggabi?” I just listen to their conversation, just what did Del do now? I'm having guesses that Del escaped in the middle of the night last night, but how did mama know?

“Ehh!! Ba't si papa puwedeng lumabas nang gabi? Hindi 'yan tama!” Cause Papa has to do late night duties and meeting in secret places, idiot. And not a good move Del. Remember, if you talk back when your mother is lecturing you or scolding, you shouldn't talk back. Cause heaven will turn to hell.

“Salita pa!!”

SMACK!

~

A few minutes later, Perla finally came out of Del's room, with Del sleeping. She got a bit exhausted of lecturing Del, after she was told about one of the maid of the Mansion that Del snuck out last night, she went fuming with range. But luckily, Del apologized and promised he won't do it again. As she open the door outside, she met a young man sleeping beside the door.

She looks wondered at the young man sleeping infront of her. She smiled and carried Martial in her hands. She silently walk towards his room to put him to bed. Martial's room and Philia's are right beside each other but they are on the upper floor while Del is at the bottom.

When she arrives at Martial's room, she slowly put him down on his white made bed. She tuck him with a white blanket and was about to head out when....

“Mama?” She turned her heads around seeing that Martial is awake.

“Dear, Ba't gising kapa?” She said and went to the side of the bed beside Martial. “Nakita kita kanina, tulog sa may pintuan sa kuwarto ni Del, bakit ka nan'doon?” Perla ask while hugging Martial in her arms. Martial felt that mother love that everyone would always talk about. Warm and cuddly with a hint of jasmine, every loving mother has that smell.

Martial looks at her mother's eyes, glowing gold and red ruby. “Alam mo ba ma? Na kanina sa tanghali ay nagilaw-ilaw 'yung mga tattoo ko? Sobrang galing diba?!” Martial said happily, Martial showed to Perla the tattoo that he just had a 3 weeks ago, the day that Philia and Martial had their twin birthday.

Right at that day, just like what it said in the inheritances, those of royal blood of the Maharlika should be tattooed, as a sign that your part of the bloodline. She held and touch the glowing gold, tattoo, but it stings. She then felt shivers running down her spine once she felt the sting. That sting, it was very familiar.